Archived Topic

SMC Predictions

by Gunk · 1/28/2012

Advertisement
G
Gunk
We win! Hard fought battle but we pull off a win.



Davies gives us a monster of a first half followed by some clutch play from Noah in the second. Abouo comes alive and decides a bit to use his body and the guards hit just enough shots to keep SMC honest on defense.



Down the stretch SMC's guards tire out off of a short turnaround. Refs return the favor with some of our own home cooking.



BYU by 6.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I think BYU blows them out.
C
Cougarbib
Saint Mary's is good, very good - very consistent - consistently good - possibly elite.



They lost to Baylor and one other team. That is it. They beat us and Gonzaga.



We Be The Dogs. I have not seen the spread. It ought to be Gaels by 10.



I do not see us making up the difference - even in Provo



Unless



St. Mary's guards go colder than ours have.



My bad - Vegas has BYU by 3 or 4. Go figure. Although I think they have over-estimated one on the one hand and under-estimated the other on the other hand - after BYU surprised me in Blacksburg -



BYU by 1



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
Cougs 86-79...everyone plays well tonight...even Jimmer



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Saint Mary's is good, very good - very consistent - consistently good - possibly elite.



They lost to Baylor and one other team. That is it. They beat us and Gonzaga.



We Be The Dogs. I have not seen the spread. It ought to be Gaels by 10.



I do not see us making up the difference - even in Provo



Unless



St. Mary's guards go colder than ours have.



My bad - Vegas has BYU by 3 or 4. Go figure. Although I think they have over-estimated one on the one hand and under-estimated the other on the other hand - after BYU surprised me in Blacksburg -



BYU by 1 - Zylstra gets the hot hand and Charles plays under control while Hartsock, Davies, and Austin are solid inside. Cusick, Carlino, Harrison, and Winder all contribute but are not spectacular.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
BYU by 25.
S
scott715
Our shooting has been cold for too long, we are in trouble. Sorry, though I will be watching the game.
S
Schmoe
Jimmer drops 52 on the Jazz.
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Saint Mary's is good, very good - very consistent - consistently good - possibly elite.



They lost to Baylor and one other team. That is it. They beat us and Gonzaga.



We Be The Dogs. I have not seen the spread. It ought to be Gaels by 10.



I do not see us making up the difference - even in Provo



Unless



St. Mary's guards go colder than ours have.



My bad - Vegas has BYU by 3 or 4. Go figure. Although I think they have over-estimated one on the one hand and under-estimated the other on the other hand - after BYU surprised me in Blacksburg -



BYU by 1 - Zylstra gets the hot hand and Charles plays under control while Hartsock, Davies, and Austin are solid inside. Cusick, Carlino, Harrison, and Winder all contribute but are not spectacular.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

If Zylstra gets the hot hand, BYU will blow SMC out of the MC.
B
birdie702
Payback is a b!.... BYU by 21



Jimmer scores 30+ pts
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
This is a very interesting time for this team. Will they have the will to leverage a Raucus home court crowd, elevation, payback, and RISE UP for the win? Will they get hot and SMC get cold-both possible and not always predictable. Will Carlino rise up in a big game, like vs Baylor? Will some fresh guards rise up defensively to slow down what appears to be the best guard line in the WCC if not the whole west? Or will SMC continue to exploit out developing guard line and average perimeter defense? Or will the sometimes pathetic WCC refs act as inept as they have at times?

I expect a tough, physical game and have little idea how to predict the come. So, I will go with my Cougartown hopes and say BYU gets hot and wins, 90-85.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
NorCal
BYU 112 St Marys 34 :D
C
Cougarbib
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Saint Mary's is good, very good - very consistent - consistently good - possibly elite.



They lost to Baylor and one other team. That is it. They beat us and Gonzaga.



We Be The Dogs. I have not seen the spread. It ought to be Gaels by 10.



I do not see us making up the difference - even in Provo



Unless



St. Mary's guards go colder than ours have.



My bad - Vegas has BYU by 3 or 4. Go figure. Although I think they have over-estimated one on the one hand and under-estimated the other on the other hand - after BYU surprised me in

Blacksburg -



BYU by 1



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Should have gone with my gut instinct. Saint Mary's is a very good team. BYU is a streaky team and on a cold streak too often lately.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Rose got his second T in 7 years.
C
Cougs_Rule
Well deserved. I was proud of him. Refs totally sucked eggs. The dude tripped on his own feet. At the end the crowd was chanting "worst refs ever". Also well deserved. Swear word.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
Mars


I was predicting SMC by 2. Looks like I was 12 points off...

:~(
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.