Archived Topic

South Carolina are dumbs

by CougarClaw · 1/23/2012

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
They voted Newt. Really?



Their hatred of rich Mormons or devout Catholics is such that they would prefer a lying philanderer who can't manage to get a single endorsement from the hundreds of politicians that have worked with him? Seriously, he's worked with HUNDREDS of very influential people and NONE of them endorse him. They all say he's brilliant and they all say how difficult it is to work with him. Kind of like when his entire campaign staff that quit 6 months ago. hello...WARNING BELLS!



Even more strange is how quickly the vote turned. Romney had the 40% vote just a week before the election and that many people changed their vote based on a debate performance? It's like they haven't been paying attention. Do they realize that newt was EVICTED as house speaker because everyone hated him? Oh yeah, AND those pesky House Ethics violations he was convicted of. Oh right! ETHICS!



But surely we can support newt's accepting of "consulting fees" from Fannie and Freddie right? But at least he was able to work with Bill Clinton to get so much done for America right? Oh wait, you mean the same Bill Clinton whose morality he was condemning while privately asking his own (second) wife for an open marriage? This is the guy South Carolina voted for?



and There should be no one angrier about this vote than one Mark Sanford. You remember the South Carolina Governor from just a paltry two years ago who left the state in disgrace? He only cheated and left ONE wife and gotsent to the curb by angry SC voters. i can only imagine what it must feel like for him to watch the crowds of Evangelical Christians cheer for Newt -- that had to cut deep.



If there is one thing that SC did teach the rest of the country, it's how much we DON"T want to give this liar executive power. I didn't realize how scary I thought he is until he fooled a state into voting for him. I'd prefer any of the 3 candidates over him. I'd love to hear anyone's argument how Gingrich is better than any ONE of the other 3 candidates or even Obama himself.



http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/23/opinion/frum-gingrich-enthusiasm/index.html?hpt=hp_t2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
B
bigbluepuma
I agree with you completely about everything except that four more years of Obama would be better than ANYONE, even Newt (aptly named, I might add). If you aren't scared enough to vote for any AMERICAN over Obama, read "The Roots of Obama's Rage," by Dinesh D'Souza. No, the author doesn't claim that O is not American, he just explains where O's sympathies lie, and why he is doing all the things he is doing to weaken America. This book will open your eyes, and his model makes absolutely perfect sense of everything O does. This book should be required reading for anyone who loves America, no matter what their political leaning.
B
bigbluepuma
Back to the topic at hand, it shouldn't be "anyone but Mitt," it should be anyone but Newt.
C
CougarClaw
I see your point, but the rumored Gingrich- Palin ticket might cause me to vote Obama.



No. I'd probably write in a 3rd candidate for the second time in a row.
J
jvquarterback
I think Florida are dumbers.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
jvquarterback wrote:
I think Florida are dumbers.


JV and I finally agree on something! The world is surely ending.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
Have you heard? As far as evangelical's are concerned, it's better to be an adulterer than a Mormon.



http://www.patheos.com/blogs/returntorome/2012/01/better-to-be-an-adulterer-than-a-mormon-evangelicals-gingrich-and-romney/


During the drive from Salt Lake to Provo after I had conducted my workshop on Catholic Social Thought, my friend and host, Robert Millet (an LDS Professor at BYU), shared with me a story that I will not easily forget. He told me of a Mormon friend who in conversation with an Evangelical Protestant had asked him whether a Christian who committed adultery would lose his salvation. The Evangelical answered, “No.” The Mormon followed up with this query, “What if the Christian had murdered someone? Would he then lose his salvation?” The answer, again, was “no.” Then the Mormon asked, “Well, what if he had become a Mormon?” The Evangelical answered, “That’s a good question. I don’t know.” I joked with Bob, “Perhaps your friend should have asked what would be the state of the person’s salvation if he had murdered, or committed adultery with, a Mormon?”
B
bigbluepuma
King Mosiah said "Now, it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right...And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgements of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction..." Msh 29: 26-27



I noted in 1998 that Pres. Clinton had high ratings, even though everyone knew much of what he was doing in the oval office. Now, those who profess to follow the Savior seem to be falling into the same ranks. It doesn't seem to matter what a person does, as long as he is not a Mormon. I fear we are ripening fast.
J
jvquarterback
Bigblue, I don't think the primary results are indicative of the voice of the people. It only takes 2% of the entire population to win a primary election (about 5% of all individuals vote in a partisan primary and you only need ~40% of those voters to win an election).
B
bigbluepuma
jvquarterback wrote:
Bigblue, I don't think the primary results are indicative of the voice of the people. It only take 2% of the entire population to win a primary election (about 5% of all individuals vote in a partisan primary and you only need ~40% of those voters to win an election).




Point taken, and agreed, nevertheless, the principal remains that many people in America don't care about good or evil, as long as they get the results that fit their agenda.
Advertisement
B
billbillbillbill
http://www.nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/01/gingrich-normal-affairs-romney.html



This article alledges that Newt is using his affairs as proof he is more "normal" than Romney and can relate to the average person.


"So, I think in that sense, it may make me more normal than somebody who wanders around seeming perfect and maybe not understanding the human condition and the challenges of life for normal people."


I had to hold my nose to vote for McCain 4 years ago. Not sure what I will have to do if Newt is the nominee.
B
BoiseBYU
billbillbillbill wrote:
http://www.nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/01/gingrich-normal-affairs-romney.html



This article alledges that Newt is using his affairs as proof he is more "normal" than Romney and can relate to the average person.


"So, I think in that sense, it may make me more normal than somebody who wanders around seeming perfect and maybe not understanding the human condition and the challenges of life for normal people."


I had to hold my nose to vote for McCain 4 years ago. Not sure what I will have to do if Newt is the nominee.


I will never vote for Newt. Ever. His multiple affairs are egregious enough...but excusing them in the name of patriotism is so far beyond the pale....it is like denying he was a lobbyist of Freddie Mac but instead a historian for them...oh wait he did...Bottom line, for meI would vote for Obama over him.
S
scott715
I guess I would vote for an independent. Can't vote for Dumb and Dumber. O is destroying the country and G is destroying his sole.
S
SpiffCoug
Looks like the Floridas aren't as stupid. Mitt is back ahead in the polls and owned Newt in tonight's debate.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
Looks like the Floridas aren't as stupid. Mitt is back ahead in the polls and owned Newt in tonight's debate.


Pfft, what does Mitt know about the common man? Why he's never even cheated on his mistress he's cheating on his wife with!
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
hawkwing wrote:
Looks like the Floridas aren't as stupid. Mitt is back ahead in the polls and owned Newt in tonight's debate.


Pfft, what does Mitt know about the common man? Why he's never even cheated on his mistress he's cheating on his wife with!

And having not cheated on her, where's his patriotism? Probably a closet marxist
C
CougarClaw
scott715 wrote:
I guess I would vote for an independent. Can't vote for Dumb and Dumber. O is destroying the country and G is destroying his sole.


I laughed at this. Newt is probably walking too much.
S
snoscythe
CougarClaw wrote:
I guess I would vote for an independent. Can't vote for Dumb and Dumber. O is destroying the country and G is destroying his sole.


I laughed at this. Newt is probably walking too much.


No, it's from repeatedly putting his foot in his mouth.
B
bigbluepuma
snoscythe wrote:
scott715 wrote:
I guess I would vote for an independent. Can't vote for Dumb and Dumber. O is destroying the country and G is destroying his sole.


I laughed at this. Newt is probably walking too much.


No, it's from repeatedly putting his foot in his mouth.




I thought he was destroying his "only." After all, he's already done that twice.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.