Archived Topic

Jimmer starts to Jimmer in the NBA

by hawkwing · 1/23/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
Jimmer highlights ahead....



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Gd7I8rTW8&feature=share
S
SpiffCoug
See what happens when they run the offense through Jimmer. The Kings score 39 in a quarter.
M
Mars


I grew up in Sacramento, CA, and have always been a Kings fan. I moved out to Utah to go to BYU on an academic scholarship. And here I am now, happier about a 33-point Sacramento Kings loss in which Jimmer scored 20 points and dished out 6 assists than I was about the two wins preceding it, in which Jimmer barely played.



Yes, that's odd, but at the same time it just feels right.





GO JIMMER!
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
See what happens when they run the offense through Jimmer. The Kings score 39 in a quarter.

Jimmer scored 15 points and hit 3 threes that quarter. 5 points, no threes the rest of the game (including no assists in the second half). So, room for improvement.



People aren't mentioning that he went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. I think he was already shooting 90%. He has been phenomenal in that regard.



Also phenomenal- My Jimmer jersey is supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow (finally!)!
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:
See what happens when they run the offense through Jimmer. The Kings score 39 in a quarter.

Jimmer scored 15 points and hit 3 threes that quarter. 5 points, no threes the rest of the game (including no assists in the second half). So, room for improvement.



People aren't mentioning that he went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. I think he was already shooting 90%. He has been phenomenal in that regard.



Also phenomenal- My Jimmer jersey is supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow (finally!)!

Yeah, the second half was kind of forgettable.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
See what happens when they run the offense through Jimmer. The Kings score 39 in a quarter.

Jimmer scored 15 points and hit 3 threes that quarter. 5 points, no threes the rest of the game (including no assists in the second half). So, room for improvement.



People aren't mentioning that he went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. I think he was already shooting 90%. He has been phenomenal in that regard.



Also phenomenal- My Jimmer jersey is supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow (finally!)!

Yeah, the second half was kind of forgettable.


He didn't play a lot of the 3rd quarter.



Which is great coaching. When you have a player that is absolutely on fire, sit him half of the 3rd, and most of the 4th.
M
Mars
BlueIsBetter wrote:
He didn't play a lot of the 3rd quarter. Which is great coaching. When you have a player that is absolutely on fire, sit him half of the 3rd, and most of the 4th.

Welcome to the entire history of the Sacramento Kings!! :D :lol:







:~(
B
Brayden Green
***SIGH***
M
mizzoucoug
Mars wrote:
See what happens when they run the offense through Jimmer. The Kings score 39 in a quarter.

Jimmer scored 15 points and hit 3 threes that quarter. 5 points, no threes the rest of the game (including no assists in the second half). So, room for improvement.



People aren't mentioning that he went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. I think he was already shooting 90%. He has been phenomenal in that regard.



Also phenomenal- My Jimmer jersey is supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow (finally!)!


Coach Retards sat him in the 2nd half. The Thugs needed to get theirs too.
S
SpiffCoug
mizzoucoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
See what happens when they run the offense through Jimmer. The Kings score 39 in a quarter.

Jimmer scored 15 points and hit 3 threes that quarter. 5 points, no threes the rest of the game (including no assists in the second half). So, room for improvement.



People aren't mentioning that he went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. I think he was already shooting 90%. He has been phenomenal in that regard.



Also phenomenal- My Jimmer jersey is supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow (finally!)!


Coach Retards sat him in the 2nd half. The Thugs needed to get theirs too.

This is what I don't get. Jimmer showed that if you make him the point guard, that he runs the offense and the offense runs through him, that it makes EVERYONE better. With Jimmer running the show, he opnes up so much for his teammates. They scored 39 points in the 2nd quarter when Jimmer played almost the entire quarter. When he wasn't the true PG on the team in the 2nd half, the Kings scored 35 total.



Memo to the Kings: run things through Jimmer and you'll be a better team.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I didn't see the game, but I would think that stats will reveal this over time--if its true in multiple games. Good stuff for Jimmer.
S
Schmoe
Last night Jimmer was 5-7 overall and 3-4 from 3-pt for 13 points and 1 assist in 21 minutes. Not bad.
K
Kbear
The worst part about all this is that I have to watch the Sacramento Kings in order to watch Jimmer. UUGGGHHH I have never seen a more selfish team. When Jimmer isn't in there it is just ugly most nights. I am biased of course, but holy mackerel these guys are supposed to be professional basketball players and coaches. I agree that they play much better as a team with Jimmer as point. Everyone plays better. I have had to steal all the feeds (don't tell) because the NBA league pass, every Sac game is blacked out. Anyone, else having this problem. I live in Idaho so I think this is ridiculous. What am I going to do....fly to every Sac game???? dumb :skeptic: Goooo Jimmer!
S
Schmoe
Jimmer started tonight vs. Denver and was the Kings' leading scorer with 19 on 6-13 shooting (5-8 from 3 pt), 3 assists, 1 board, and 1 steal (and only 1 turnover) in 36 minutes of play.
M
mizzoucoug
Great game again from Jimmer. I recently saw an article on ESPN(?) that listed the most disappointing rookies and 5/6 listed Jimmer because of his shooting percentage. Obviously none of them actually watch the games because the team has been an continues to be a mess, and to criticized Jimmer for not scoring in bunches on the most selfish team in the league is cheap and petty. His confidence is way up these days and he will surely, once again, shut up the naysayers who refuse to believe that a white boy can do anything in this league.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Jimmer is definitely playing better. I like that his turnover numbers are very good. He's playing nearly 23 minutes a game and averaging just 1.4 turnovers per game. I was afraid he might be more turnover prone.
G
Guest
Glad to see Jimmer doing his thing and adjusting to the NBA.
C
cougarnerd
mizzoucoug wrote:
Great game again from Jimmer. I recently saw an article on ESPN(?) that listed the most disappointing rookies and 5/6 listed Jimmer because of his shooting percentage. Obviously none of them actually watch the games because the team has been an continues to be a mess, and to criticized Jimmer for not scoring in bunches on the most selfish team in the league is cheap and petty. His confidence is way up these days and he will surely, once again, shut up the naysayers who refuse to believe that a white boy can do anything in this league.


A short white boy that seems slow and can't play D...but if that's the case, there are a few shorter players than him, and he's got pretty good speed against many players. Also, in college, he was #3 all time for steals at BYU. People will say "no" because they hate BYU...or the Church...or whatever.



But yeah, he will show them that trash talking doesn't work on him.



"Fellas think they can stop him talkin trash now you got your wish,ball don’t lie what you just heard was a swish, nothing comes out when they moving their lips, just a- just a-just a- just a bunch of Jimmer-ish."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.