Archived Topic

Props to Pitta

by Y4LYFE · 1/23/2012

Advertisement
Y
Y4LYFE
Had a TD, had several good catches. He was targeted twice on what would have been game winning plays, but Flacco had no chance on one, and threw into a crowd the other.

Pitta blocked lights out on his edge every time, helped Boldin move downfield for more yards twice. He created second chance pick ups for Rice, and was on the special teams.



He will be in the NFL a long time.
M
mizzoucoug
Yeah, he's still a stud. If only that joe would've held onto the TD pass I wouldn't have to put up with the freaking Pats in the SB again. Sigh.
U
Ungoy
Pitta played awesome today. I was hoping the Ravens would win, but they came up barely short. I'm just glad that the Giants beat the 49'ers, as I have no desire to see Alex Smith play in the Superbowl.
T
tmoney35
Brings back a lot of good memories, watching Pitta play. Absolute money on 3rd down. You could see Flacco looking Pitta's way whenever they needed a 1st down.



Exciting game, too bad they couldn't get it in the endzone at the end, and that the kicker choked
E
EM_Puma
I went and checked his stats this morning. I just have too much historical baggage with the Ravens and leaving Cleveland to be a fan. I try, but I just can't do it, but I like to know that Pitta did well. I can find more of an ability to give the Steelers a pass, who I grew up loathing, than the team that ripped my heart out. Maybe one day when Art Modell is gone, I can take them as just another team.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Ungoy wrote:
Pitta played awesome today. I was hoping the Ravens would win, but they came up barely short. I'm just glad that the Giants beat the 49'ers, as I have no desire to see Alex Smith play in the Superbowl.


I'm a 49er fan...more of a bandwagon one...but watching Alex Smith is painful. Yes, he's improved this year, but it's clear he isn't a world beater. If the 49ers decide to keep him, I hope it's only for another year or two. Personally, I'd prefer to see someone else at QB.



Could care less that he used to be a Ute.
F
frdbtr
Gunk wrote:
Pitta played awesome today. I was hoping the Ravens would win, but they came up barely short. I'm just glad that the Giants beat the 49'ers, as I have no desire to see Alex Smith play in the Superbowl.


I'm a 49er fan...more of a bandwagon one...but watching Alex Smith is painful. Yes, he's improved this year, but it's clear he isn't a world beater. If the 49ers decide to keep him, I hope it's only for another year or two. Personally, I'd prefer to see someone else at QB.



Could care less that he used to be a Ute.


I will root against the 49ers until he is gone. Used to root for them during the montana, then young years. Even rooted for them after Young retired and Garcia was the QB. Once they drafted Alex Smith, I quit being a fan.
T
tmoney35
Growing up in a state that had no NFL team, and then going to school in another state without a team (Nevada then Utah), I feel no allegiance to any team, I just root for players.
J
jonnylingo
Pitta would be going to the super bowl had that stupid receiver just held on to the ball. he clearly had caught the ball in the endzone when the patriots knocked it out. they probably should have reviewed that catch if they can. it was clearly a catch in my opinion.
W
Wickchad
Why is Pitta getting less playing time than Dickson? The commentators were saying that Dickson has struggled catching the ball. Is Dickson really that much better at blocking than Pitta? The Ravens were obviously pretty happy with the tandem of Pitta and Dickson since they let Heaps go.
Advertisement
G
Guest
tmoney35 wrote:
Growing up in a state that had no NFL team, and then going to school in another state without a team (Nevada then Utah), I feel no allegiance to any team, I just root for players.


Same here, I'm a fan of BYU players in the NFL, and consequently their teams. I root against teams with Ute players (and no BYU players to offset the evil).
W
Wickchad
jonnylingo wrote:
Pitta would be going to the super bowl had that stupid receiver just held on to the ball. he clearly had caught the ball in the endzone when the patriots knocked it out. they probably should have reviewed that catch if they can. it was clearly a catch in my opinion.


I've seem them rule a touchdown on catches that were held for less time then that one in the NCAA. I can't remember one that counted for a touchdown that was caught for that amount of time in the NFL. It looked like he had one foot down and was about to put the second foot down when the ball was knocked out. If his second foot had hit the ground they probably would have had an argument. I think the rule for a catch is you must control the ball and make a football move. Usually getting the two feet down in bounds constitutes a football move.
T
tmoney35
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Why is Pitta getting less playing time than Dickson? The commentators were saying that Dickson has struggled catching the ball. Is Dickson really that much better at blocking than Pitta? The Ravens were obviously pretty happy with the tandem of Pitta and Dickson since they let Heaps go.


A lot of Ravens fans like Pitta should be starting. Even in this game, Dickson dropped a short pass on 3rd down that was a little low, but easily catchable.



http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11335
C
cougman
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Pitta would be going to the super bowl had that stupid receiver just held on to the ball. he clearly had caught the ball in the endzone when the patriots knocked it out. they probably should have reviewed that catch if they can. it was clearly a catch in my opinion.


I've seem them rule a touchdown on catches that were held for less time then that one in the NCAA. I can't remember one that counted for a touchdown that was caught for that amount of time in the NFL. It looked like he had one foot down and was about to put the second foot down when the ball was knocked out. If his second foot had hit the ground they probably would have had an argument. I think the rule for a catch is you must control the ball and make a football move. Usually getting the two feet down in bounds constitutes a football move.


This would be a non-issue if Lee Evans had Pittas' sticky-roller hands. The call was correct, he just should have done what Dennis would have done and held on. Brings back memories of Dennis getting his back broken and head taken off and bouncing right up while tossing the ball to the ref. Pure Stud!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.