Archived Topic

I am Officially a Fan of Men's Volleyball

by IowaCougar · 1/21/2012

Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
I've actually been following the volleyball team for years, watching on BYUtv whenever possible. But last night's win over USC was absolutely incredible. There were a few unbelievable plays. If you get a chance to watch tonight, do so.



8)
S
scott715
Also should mention that we are #1 with at least a couple all-americans. It was a great game. Tourney level intensity. Before this match USC had not lost a set this year. We are now 3-0 in league with 2 wins against #2 and 1 against #5 teams.
M
Mars


The women's team is better looking... :crazy:
S
scott715
Yes the men are #1
S
scott715
Taylor Sanders broke his hand and is out 5-6 weeks. We lost to Stanford tonight 3-1. Need to hold our own until he can come back.
Advertisement
S
scott715
After two home losses to Stanford we dropped down to #3. Need to hold it together until we get Sanders back.
S
scott715
Won both nights against Cal Baptist. We struggled but won 3-2 and 3-1. We had to come back from 0-2 the first night. We started off looking lost but slowly improved over the two nights. Coach is trying to find new combinations and a player to take Sanders spot until he comes back.
S
scott715
Won tonight against #12 UCSB 3-1. We have won 5 matches in a row now and are looking better without Sanders. A couple of freshman have been getting PT and are improving. Still ranked #3 and we are in 3rd place in conference.
I
IowaCougar
I stayed up late Saturday night to watch my DVR-ed volleyball match with UCSB. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. They went from looking like they'd easily sweep to losing in 5. They were ahead 12-9 in game 5, and found a way to lose, hitting the ball out on an unforced error on match point. :sick: They show flashes of brilliance, even without Sanders. But if they're going to get their act together before tournament time, they really need him. Right now they're really Jeckyl and Hyde!
Advertisement
S
scott715
They have struggled without Sanders but he will be back easily before the tournament starts. He is probably the league MVP. Right now we have two freshman trying to cover his spot. We will have more depth by the end of the season. There is a chance that Sanders will play this weekend against Pepperdine.
S
scott715
We are currently ranked #5. Sanders is back and we beat #10 Pepperdine 3-1 last night and 3-0 tonight. Looks like we are back on track to try to win the NC.
I
IowaCougar
I enjoyed watching the game last night - even though I get BYUtv on DirecTV, I ended up watching on-line just so I could get it in HD. With Sanders back, they look like they could be on their way to the championship. A dominating performance last night, and I expect the same tonight. Look for their ranking to move up.
S
scott715
Beat Pacific twice over the weekend (I missed the games). We moved up one spot to #4 with 2 first place votes. Lots of games left.
S
scott715
Beat #11 Hawaii in 5 sets on the road last night. They play again tonight. We are in 3rd place having gone 2-0 versus the #1 and #4 place teams. Next month we place #2 UCLA in LA possibly for first place. I expect us to move up a spot in the rankings.
Advertisement
S
scott715
After the loss to LBSU we are now #5. Tonight we destroyed #12 CSUN 3-0. Play them again tomorrow night then we go to UCLA to finish league play.
S
scott715
Won 3-1. Lost Rivera to a sprain ankle. Looked nasty. I don't think he will be back next week against UCLA. We are in 3rd place in the league. It would be really good to end in the top 2. Looks like we need to sweep them.
S
scott715
Finished in 3rd place due to tie breaker. Opens tourney play Saturday against LBSU. Get to the finals and they should make it to the final four for the NC.



Beat Penn St twice this weekend. They will be in the final four too.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.