Archived Topic

Nick Montana transfer

by Stirfry · 1/18/2012

Advertisement
S
Stirfry
I may have just missed the thread but I'm surprised to not see a link to Nick Montana transfering. Wasn't Montana the answer for Washington after missing out on Heaps back in 2009?



http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootball/2017257176_montana17.html



The radio guys (I think it was 1320) had some stat that Heaps transfer was the 38th transfer out of 77 named to the "11"since the first year of the Elite 11. Montana makes it 39 which is more than 50%. Hopefully Tanner Mangum can beat the odds.



I haven't heard anything about Montana's situation but hearing about Heaps not attending summer workouts was so dissapointing. Every situation is different but to see more than 1/2 of the Elite 11 transfer seems to point to these kids feeling like they are a little more important than they are.
F
frdbtr
I can almost understand Montana transferring since he had redshirted and then got beat out by a guy who has 3 years left before graduating. Heaps on the other hand had not redshirted and only had to redshirt while the guy who beat him out played out his sr year. That smells of entitlement a lot more then seeing your college years going away with a guy ahead of you that you will never get to beat out.
C
Cougarbib
Stirfry wrote:
I may have just missed the thread but I'm surprised to not see a link to Nick Montana transfering. Wasn't Montana the answer for Washington after missing out on Heaps back in 2009?



http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootball/2017257176_montana17.html



The radio guys (I think it was 1320) had some stat that Heaps transfer was the 38th transfer out of 77 named to the "11"since the first year of the Elite 11. Montana makes it 39 which is more than 50%. Hopefully Tanner Mangum can beat the odds.



I haven't heard anything about Montana's situation but hearing about Heaps not attending summer workouts was so dissapointing. Every situation is different but to see more than 1/2 of the Elite 11 transfer seems to point to these kids feeling like they are a little more important than they are.


Yes - UW fans tried to convince themselves that even though they did not get Jake, Nick was a better fit for their program. His team beat Jake's in high school - that helped them feel better about their consolation prize.



My inside sources never mentioned any entitlement behavior or parental meddling. Imagine the pressure his name puts on him - totally unavoidable. He handled that well. But from the very beginning, insiders said he was not picking up the offense quickly and it would be a while, if ever, that he would be starter material.



Even now he is handling it well. Praising the guy who beat him out. Saying he just wants to play. Going to a JC to try to prove himself. Not burning any bridges.



I never heard any indication that he was not meshing with the team. Price is just a much better QB at this point, and probably in the end as well.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
This cracks me up. A post about a former high school opponent of a former BYU QB.
D
Ddawg
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
This cracks me up. A post about a former high school opponent of a former BYU QB.


True dat! LOL! 8)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.