Archived Topic

Big12 Scheduling Problems

by scott715 · 1/18/2012

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
right. Maybe we can take advantage of ALL of them.
F
frdbtr
So were BYU's "issues" so big that this scheduling nightmare was the more attractive choice to them?
L
Lawboy
I think that there is a reason why BYU is waiting so long to put out the 2012 schedule--it is in flux. The rumors out there are interesting, but of course--just rumors. But I will pass some along.



First I have heard is that the GT series is either cancelled or pushed back. Was done mutually. BYU added Washington State series early and then tried to get GT for late season. GT passed. Heard to that could be replaced by Big East school or a Big XII school for November.



Also heard that the rumored Idaho game for home 2012 might be replaced as well with Big East/Big XII team. Idaho may not want to see Provo again in 2012, and we are not going there.



Point being, I think the 2012 schedule will be better than we think. Two leagues need games for 2012, depending on which way WVU goes. I think we are trying to fill voids and buy out games, or help the teams we dump find replacements games, potentially with BE teams, as they need 2+ games each.



Hope it gets finalized soon, so I can start circling dates on my calendar.
D
Dcr36
Lawboy wrote:
I think that there is a reason why BYU is waiting so long to put out the 2012 schedule--it is in flux. The rumors out there are interesting, but of course--just rumors. But I will pass some along.



First I have heard is that the GT series is either cancelled or pushed back. Was done mutually. BYU added Washington State series early and then tried to get GT for late season. GT passed. Heard to that could be replaced by Big East school or a Big XII school for November.



Also heard that the rumored Idaho game for home 2012 might be replaced as well with Big East/Big XII team. Idaho may not want to see Provo again in 2012, and we are not going there.



Point being, I think the 2012 schedule will be better than we think. Two leagues need games for 2012, depending on which way WVU goes. I think we are trying to fill voids and buy out games, or help the teams we dump find replacements games, potentially with BE teams, as they need 2+ games each.



Hope it gets finalized soon, so I can start circling dates on my calendar.


I've been having nightmares for the last two months that the Idaho game gets replaced with an FCS team.



Although that might actually be an upgrade.
Advertisement
Y
Y4LYFE
frdbtr wrote:
So were BYU's "issues" so big that this scheduling nightmare was the more attractive choice to them?




BYUtx thinks so. ;)
F
frdbtr
Y4LYFE wrote:
So were BYU's "issues" so big that this scheduling nightmare was the more attractive choice to them?




BYUtx thinks so. ;)


I feel like Megamind when they pick the girl on crutches before him. The Big 12 knew they were going to have legal troubles to be able to get WVU to play in their league next year yet they picked them instead of us. If we are to interpret Tom Holmoe correctly, BYU he sitting here going "we are here ready to join" but yet they think these legal issues are more attractive?
D
Dcr36
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
So were BYU's "issues" so big that this scheduling nightmare was the more attractive choice to them?




BYUtx thinks so. ;)


I feel like Megamind when they pick the girl on crutches before him. The Big 12 knew they were going to have legal troubles to be able to get WVU to play in their league next year yet they picked them instead of us. If we are to interpret Tom Holmoe correctly, BYU he sitting here going "we are here ready to join" but yet they think these legal issues are more attractive?


Big XII was probably thinking that WVU was a better option long-term.



Plus, remember that the Big XII was being pronounced dead by many notable national journalists. They needed to add a school that made it clear they were "upgrading" (a la SEC and ACC) and not grasping at non-AQs to keep the conference together (a la Big East).



I'm not mad about the Big XII wanting WVU over us. WVU is the last marquee program of the Big East. They show up in BCS bowl games regularly, and win them. I'd probably pick them too.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.