Archived Topic

The Daily Universe

by Mars · 1/17/2012

Advertisement
M
Mars


I just read that they're going from 5 papers a week down to just 1. Financial issues. That sucks.
S
SpiffCoug
That's the current newspaper business - it's a dying business.
T
tmoney35
As long as I still get my weekly Police Beat, I'm a happy camper
S
Schmoe
Let's print stuff off the internet and charge people to have it left on their porch. Yeah, newspapers are moving the way of the Dodo.
B
BoiseBYU
Are they going to be called The Weekly Solar System?
Advertisement
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
Let's print stuff off the internet and charge people to have it left on their porch. Yeah, newspapers are moving the way of the Dodo.

The Daily Universe charges people?
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
Let's print stuff off the internet and charge people to have it left on their porch. Yeah, newspapers are moving the way of the Dodo.

The Daily Universe charges people?


I don't think so, I was talking about newspapers in general, which will make working at the Daily Universe an outdated training.
M
Mars


First 8 newspaper employees were downsized. Now 29 bookstore employees. Another dying industry.
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:


First 8 newspaper employees were downsized. Now 29 bookstore employees. Another dying industry.

When I read about the bookstore, my first thought, why does the bookstoore need 100 full-time, non-student positions. Seems like bloated bureaucracy to me. Good on BYU for downsizing.
C
CougarClaw
Just as long as those greedy bloodsucking capitalists don't try and run for office. how dare they get rid of jobs.



Think of the children.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.