M
Mars2011
Utah vs BYU: 54 points, 481 yards.
Utah vs Cal: 10 points, 178 yards.
NONE of those 481 offensive yards came off of turnovers, by the way. Every single one of those was Utah's offense versus Bronco's defense.
by Mars · 1/17/2012
Mars wrote:
2011
Utah vs BYU: 54 points, 481 yards.
Utah vs Cal: 10 points, 178 yards.
NONE of those 481 offensive yards came off of turnovers, by the way. Every single one of those was Utah's offense versus Bronco's defense.
Mars wrote:
2011
Utah vs BYU: 54 points, 481 yards.
Utah vs Cal: 10 points, 178 yards.
NONE of those 481 offensive yards came off of turnovers, by the way. Every single one of those was Utah's offense versus Bronco's defense.
BerliNY wrote:
Srsly Mars, Axe = Ground.
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Bronco is an elite level D Coordinator. That was more apparent than ever in 2010. Just look at the complete transformation of the D in ONE WEEK between the USU and the SDSU games. He completely turned the trajectory of that D around in, what, 5 practices? 4 practices?
I'm not sure what you're smoking, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure its an honor code violation.
SpiffCoug wrote:Bronco is an elite level D Coordinator. That was more apparent than ever in 2010. Just look at the complete transformation of the D in ONE WEEK between the USU and the SDSU games. He completely turned the trajectory of that D around in, what, 5 practices? 4 practices?
I'm not sure what you're smoking, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure its an honor code violation.
You mean when he took a defense that was giving up 259 yards rushing per gameand 433 yards of total offense per game in their first five games and turned it into a defense that gave up 273 yards of offense, and 53 yards rushing in just one week.
And those same defensive players gave up just 63 yards rushing per game and 267 yards of total offense per game in their final eight games? This defensive coordinator reduced his rushing yards allowed by 76% and total offense allowed by 39%, on the fly, during the season with little-to-no time to install a new defense.
He's very good at what he does.
Y 4 Ever wrote:Y 4 Ever wrote:
Bronco is an elite level D Coordinator. That was more apparent than ever in 2010. Just look at the complete transformation of the D in ONE WEEK between the USU and the SDSU games. He completely turned the trajectory of that D around in, what, 5 practices? 4 practices?
I'm not sure what you're smoking, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure its an honor code violation.
You mean when he took a defense that was giving up 259 yards rushing per gameand 433 yards of total offense per game in their first five games and turned it into a defense that gave up 273 yards of offense, and 53 yards rushing in just one week.
And those same defensive players gave up just 63 yards rushing per game and 267 yards of total offense per game in their final eight games? This defensive coordinator reduced his rushing yards allowed by 76% and total offense allowed by 39%, on the fly, during the season with little-to-no time to install a new defense.
He's very good at what he does.
Exactly. And if you compare the turn-around games - USU vs. SDSU - its even more impressive, given how much better on O SDSU is/was than USU.
northerncougar wrote:
If we are to judge Bronco on one game, we can just you on one post. You are obviously not very smart.
Mars wrote:
He's certainly no Gary Patterson, who seems to do more with less every year.
Mars wrote:
Jeez, sometimes you guys are worse than cougarboard. I get it, many of you would rather be discussing Edward vs Jacob, and the rest are debating politics on a sports message board. Good hell. I just want to talk some football.
I LIKE Bronco. Grind that axe you idiots. I think he is a good defensive coordinator and a great man, and an even better DC than HC. I think BYU would have a very, very hard time doing better than him, which should make him set for life in Provo as long as he wants to be here. I didn't ask if Bronco was a terrible, awful good-for-nothing, as the Utah game would imply. I just don't think he is elite. Yes, he is better than Jaime Hill- The excellent DB coach that Bronco chose for whatever reason to promote to the position of DC, then fired. But when your players enter halftime down 4 points and completely quit on you as a coach, how "elite' can you be? He's certainly no Gary Patterson, who seems to do more with less every year.
As Spiff said, 40 points on defense to Utah? "FAIL!"
frdbtr wrote:
More with less? Hmmm, maybe you should go back and look at the players that TCU has had drafted into the NFL during the same time period.
ABYUFAN wrote:
I'm a BYU football fan BECAUSE he's no Gary Patterson. If Gary Patterson were our coach, I'd stop caring at all about our football cougars, The difference between Gary Patterson's car and a porcupine is that the pricks are on the outside of the procupine...