Archived Topic

OC DB!

by hawkwing · 1/13/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
O'Neil Chambers saying he's back on the team at defensive back.



Welcome back, congratulations on doing everything that was asked of you, sticking through all the hard and coming back strong.



Good luck!
B
byucougar1
Couple of questions - assume walk-on and no schollie?

What is the likelihood of playing this year as a DB - does he have prior experience?
Y
Y 4 Ever
I think he would make a good safety if he'd been playing it his whole life. But trying to switch to DB as a senior in college??? I don't think he'll get a lot of playing time. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he played DB in High School and excelled on both sides of the ball.
K
kjjson
Y 4 Ever wrote:
I think he would make a good safety if he'd been playing it his whole life. But trying to switch to DB as a senior in college??? I don't think he'll get a lot of playing time. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he played DB in High School and excelled on both sides of the ball.


He played Free Safety in high School. Has some nice defensive plays throughout this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Majdeidb5BQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Majdeidb5BQ
B
BoiseBYU
Whether OC plays much, he is a complete winner in my book. He has shown a maturity and effort that I am far more impressed with than any amount of YAC or TDs etc. that some receiver might have shown. OC is a winner and credit to the school the FB team and his family. Welcome back OC!
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
BoiseBYU wrote:
Whether OC plays much, he is a complete winner in my book. He has shown a maturity and effort that I am far more impressed with than any amount of YAC or TDs etc. that some receiver might have shown. OC is a winner and credit to the school the FB team and his family. Welcome back OC!

+1.... I'm a big OC fan
B
BYULV
Can he be better than Uale and Hague? I think so. If nothing else he increases the competition in the defensive backfield.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
BYULV wrote:
Can he be better than Uale and Hague? I think so. If nothing else he increases the competition in the defensive backfield.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


OC loves to play. You can bet he'll be gunning for play time.
I
imuakahuku
ABYUFAN wrote:
Whether OC plays much, he is a complete winner in my book. He has shown a maturity and effort that I am far more impressed with than any amount of YAC or TDs etc. that some receiver might have shown. OC is a winner and credit to the school the FB team and his family. Welcome back OC!

+1.... I'm a big OC fan


i agree! Welcome back OC.
C
Cougarbib
Congrats and best wishes to OC.



And don't forget Special Teams. Hoff and OC may be back together on kickoff returns.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
ABYUFAN wrote:
Whether OC plays much, he is a complete winner in my book. He has shown a maturity and effort that I am far more impressed with than any amount of YAC or TDs etc. that some receiver might have shown. OC is a winner and credit to the school the FB team and his family. Welcome back OC!

+1.... I'm a big OC fan

Ditto
S
scott715
Looking forward to seeing him play. With lots of playing time. Maybe he will play both ways.
K
KYCoug
He was always a great blocking receiver, never had a problem laying out DB's. I think he'll contribute and do fine. Glad to have him back!
C
Cougs_Rule
Kudos to OC for making a comeback. Of course, it might help to hear from Bronco that he has already been reinstated.
B
bigbluepuma
Great news. Hope to see a lot of him, and hear from his mother as well.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Congrats and best wishes to OC.



And don't forget Special Teams. Hoff and OC may be back together on kickoff returns.

Do you all remember a long Collie return against Utah and OC clearing the way? He utterly decimated a Ute during the return.
C
Cougs_Rule
He does have some unfinished business in the return department. Im sure BYU fans would love to see him fulfill that promise. Could be a pretty dynamic return team.
H
HoosierCougar
Y 4 Ever wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Whether OC plays much, he is a complete winner in my book. He has shown a maturity and effort that I am far more impressed with than any amount of YAC or TDs etc. that some receiver might have shown. OC is a winner and credit to the school the FB team and his family. Welcome back OC!

+1.... I'm a big OC fan

Ditto


Amen.



I expect to see OC start the year playing lots of Special Teams. Bronco can look to him as a leader. Someone who can stare down the rest of the squad and have total credibility when he says, "This is the way we have to do it!"
C
Cougarpoke
I am still not sold that he will stick around at DB. I think he is a valuable asset to have on the offensive side of the ball. He sure can block, plus would provide another big receiver for Nelson. Would be fun to see Hoff, Apo, and OC on the field together.
G
golong
I'm unimpressed, and uninspired by OC. I hope he can help the team, but my bet is he will have minimal impact and little playing time. Why waste time and effort on a senior who was kicked off the team, and infuriated the coach? He was too slow as a receiver, and will be too slow as a DB.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.