M
MarsIMO, a lot of what the media prints gets blames on the fans. Gary Patterson talked about how BYU was a circus last year in how they talked before the TCU game; I think he was confusing the local papers for the school, coaches, and players. We hear BYU haters talk down to us about how all we did after the Oklahoma win was talk about BCS bowls and National championships; I think many are unfairly ascribing ESPN talking-heads' opinions to all BYU fans everywhere. And finally, now, many wonder why their fellow Cougar diehards can come across as so negative about a 9+ win season. Well, I think that once again, our stupid Utah media is leading the way for what those of lesser IQs are regurgitating onto the airways and into the forums. One example:
Is it just me, or are Dickson and Franchuk coming across as massively whiny douches?
"As much as Cougar fans would like to believe change can happen, I just don't see it. This team is... who we thought they were... good enough for a bowl game and nothing more."
"It's a sure-thing 3-1, with the loss probably coming to you-know-who. It's been made pretty clear right now that Kyle Whittingham and his staff have done a superior job... That's how disappointing of a season it's become."
The dinks even complain about one of the BYU track & field/cross country teams not winning the MWC for once. Lame. Pointless negativity makes weak writing.

