F
frdbtrI keep hearing references about Bronco being "over his head" for feeling that his team was so prepared last fall that he gave the team 1 day off at the end of fall practice. I am getting a bit tired of it so I thought I would offer you a reason why I don't fault him for that assesment. Why didn't anyone in the media question that statement? If Bronco was so wrong in his belief, why didn't anyone question it in the media? (I ask again). Short answer is that everyone believed him. Why did everyone believe him? Because every indication in practice was that Heaps and the offense were clicking really well and it was going to manifest itself in games. I heard stuff from the media that was attending practice that Heaps looked as good in practice as John Beck did in 2006. That is saying something because Beck was shredding what turned out to be a very good defense in 06 in practice and didn't throw even 1 interception in fall practice that year. So, I give Bronco a pass that Heaps was an awesome practice player and didn't show up when it counted.

