Archived Topic

I despise the term "Zoobies"

by Mars · 11/4/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars


That is all.
I
Italics
what does it even mean? where did it come from? Never understood it at all... I mean, really, "zoobies." Ok? Is that supposed to be offensive? Sounds like a noise a baby would make...
S
Schmoe
I always understood it to mean the douchebag, holier-than-thou, act REALLY weird cause I'm at BYU, throw water balloons at random people, hypocritical, judgmental head cases that give BYU a bad name. I have no problem calling them zoobies, and that's who I refer to when I say it. I hope I haven't offended anyone by using it, because I don't think of any of you as a zoob.
M
Mars


Basically it's a negative term for BYU students/fans, mostly used by Utes, sometimes used by other BYU students/fans who loathe some of their own.



To me, it's just a stupid term that I rank up there with Koogers, Bronko, TDS, and all the other brainlessness that comes from the sackless pirates up north.
S
Schmoe
They're also cute, cuddly, 3-in-1 animal/pillow/blankets!!



http://www.zoobies.com/site/images.products/220.catalog.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://www.zoobies.com/
Advertisement
G
Guest
I personally don't care for the term either, and I've taken no offense, Schmoe from any of your usage, because I know to whom you are referring. But hearing others refer to BYU students as Zoobs or even anyone from Utah County as a Zoobie is ridiculous.



At least 90% of our student body has actually traveled the world, how many universities can say that?
F
Florwood
Not sure, but I think it was started by Provo High students, overcompensating for being high school students in a college town.
J
jonnylingo
My neighbor says is it someone who wears birkenstocks or tevas with socks and that goes to byu :D
C
CougarClaw
Mars wrote:


That is all.


I suppose they may not like us using the phrase Utards or Yewtah or any number of choice phrases we are inclined to use that go the other way.



Perhaps they do like...in which case, they should stop saying zoobies as that is mildly offensive.
S
SenorCougar
Doesn't bother me. Just goes with the territory. Usually it's a Ute thinking that he's taunting me so much that it'll hurt. "Sticks and stones may......."
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I think we all know several BYU grads who would fall under the zoobie definition. I have no problem with it. It fits those to whom it applies.
P
ProV1
What's worse, being a Zoobie or belonging to the Muss? I vote Muss.
W
wazzucoug97
ProV1 wrote:
What's worse, being a Zoobie or belonging to the Muss? I vote Muss.


I would rather be a Zoobie than a Utard.... any day!
M
Mars


You just don't see many Utah fans referring to Utah students as "Utards".

Sometimes Mormons are self-loathing, like the stereotypical Jewish person you see in TV sitcoms.
C
CougarClaw
ProV1 wrote:
What's worse, being a Zoobie or belonging to the Muss? I vote Muss.


Excellent point. and while one can go to BYU game and avoid being a zoobie, one cannot go to the U and avoid being a part of a big smelly muss.
Advertisement
W
wazzucoug97
CougarClaw wrote:
What's worse, being a Zoobie or belonging to the Muss? I vote Muss.


Excellent point. and while one can go to BYU game and avoid being a zoobie, one cannot go to the U and avoid being a part of a big smelly muss.


So.... Mighty Utah Stink Section..... I like it. :lol:
B
BroncoBot
I find that people who use the term lack an extensive vocabulary.



No offense Schmoe
S
Schmoe
declocoug wrote:
I find that people who use the term lack an extensive vocabulary.



No offense Schmoe


HAHAHAHA! :lol:
C
CAFB_04-12
AFA cadets routinely refer to themselves as "Zoomies," having attended school at a "zoo."



I can only assume the MUSS is trying to call BYU a zoo.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.