Archived Topic

More positive reviews for BYUtv

by Mars · 1/8/2012

Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
I noticed a few were ragging on the the cougs as classless because of the game ending dunk. Well, tell your coach not to call a T.O. down 25 with only a minute to go!
M
Mars
imuakahuku wrote:
I noticed a few were ragging on the the cougs as classless because of the game ending dunk. Well, tell your coach not to call a T.O. down 25 with only a minute to go!

So it's okay to respond to classlessness with more of the same? I still wish we'd dribbled out the last two possessions.
I
imuakahuku
Mars wrote:
I noticed a few were ragging on the the cougs as classless because of the game ending dunk. Well, tell your coach not to call a T.O. down 25 with only a minute to go!

So it's okay to respond to classlessness with more of the same? I still wish we'd dribbled out the last two possessions.


It would have been classless if Rose had called TO to setup a play. He just let them play it out since that is what the SF coach wanted.

Did you see the 2nd half interview of the SF coach? That to me was the second sign of problems (the SF coach's pregame comments about BYU were the first sign). He was flippant to the first question and appeared pretty smug in his answer. He calmed down and gave a better answer to the second questoin. I have to give the BYU crew props. It didn't phase the interviewer and the commentators didn't draw negative attention to the first comment and just explained what he meant with the second comment.

But in no way did Rose act "classless". He did what a classy coach would do, send a message w/o drawing attention to it.
B
BroncoBot
Mars wrote:
I noticed a few were ragging on the the cougs as classless because of the game ending dunk. Well, tell your coach not to call a T.O. down 25 with only a minute to go!

So it's okay to respond to classlessness with more of the same? I still wish we'd dribbled out the last two possessions.

hey there was yogurt on the line.



I agree that Rose did the classy thing. If USF wanted to get the game over with, he shouldn't have been calling time-outs. If he wants to set up plays have have defenses and offenses go through the motions, do it in practice. I don't know how BYU dribbling it out is teaching his team anything, which even he claimed is what he was trying to do with his team and those time outs.



I also agree with Rose who said that coach can do whatever he wants to as coach. But Rose should be allowed the same thing. Overblown issue both ways.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
I noticed a few were ragging on the the cougs as classless because of the game ending dunk. Well, tell your coach not to call a T.O. down 25 with only a minute to go!

So it's okay to respond to classlessness with more of the same? I still wish we'd dribbled out the last two possessions.


The opposing coach said he wanted to make his team better by executing plays in a real game situation, hence the late timeouts. Why wouldn't he also want to make his team better by having them play defense until the end against a good team? Seems like Rose was doing exactly what the opposing coach was wanting (plus frozen yogurt, never underestimate the power of a frozen treat).
G
Gunk
Mars wrote:
I noticed a few were ragging on the the cougs as classless because of the game ending dunk. Well, tell your coach not to call a T.O. down 25 with only a minute to go!

So it's okay to respond to classlessness with more of the same? I still wish we'd dribbled out the last two possessions.


I hear ya. But the bench players were in and it's their time to show coach what they can do in a game. Let 'em play. They need all the practice they can get.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.