Archived Topic

LMU Game

by oldestlion · 1/5/2012

Advertisement
O
oldestlion
Any predictions? Viney is back but limited and Ashley Hamilton was just cleared yesterday to practice but will be very rusty if he gets in at all.



Welcome to the Gersten high school gym. Under 4,500 seats still available.
G
Gunk
We should be able to handle LMU. Not a gimmie, but no reason why we shouldn’t be able to control the game. I admit, though, I haven't watched them play.



LMU knocked off UCLA (not that UCLA is really anything to boast about), but it was at UCLA, so LMU has potential.



Ken Pomeroy ranks LMU at 202.



According to ESPN, LMU puts up roughly 71 points a game, 36 boards, 13.7 assists and shoot 43 percent from the floor.



By comparison, BYU averages 80 points, 40 boards, nearly 19 assists and shoots 49 percent.



LMU’s tallest player is Edgar Garibay, a 6’10” Junior. Garibay only gets 15 min a game and averages under 2 pts/game. We have a size advantage, so should pound it inside.



LMU’s leading scorer is senior Drew Viney, 6’8” Forward. He can shoot the ball and is the teams’ leading rebounder as well at 4.5/game. I haven’t seen him play, but I imagine Noah will have his hands full with him. This is a good game for Rogers to be back.



LMU’s second leading scorer is Junior Ashley Hamilton, 6’7” Forward. He gets 15 pts a game and 3 boards. We should be able to handle him.



I imagine, having watched SMC that LMU will try to pressure our guards and force our guards to turn the ball over. If we can take care of the ball and get it in the paint, we should walk away with a “W”.
S
SpiffCoug
BYU 81-66.
G
Guest
oldestlion wrote:
Any predictions? Viney is back but limited and Ashley Hamilton was just cleared yesterday to practice but will be very rusty if he gets in at all.



Welcome to the Gersten high school gym. Under 4,500 seats still available.


I'm guessing it will be around 85 - 75.



What do you think?
I
IowaCougar
It looks like it will be on BYUtv, even though it's an away game. Time to fire up the DVR! I still wish DirecTV would start carrying it in HD. They just sent an email that they're raising their rates. They'll charge me more, but still won't give me the HD channel that's being provided!



OK, now I'm off my soapbox. 8)
Advertisement
O
oldestlion
Prediction - I do not know what the final will be but either BYU will win big in a blow-out or LMU will win by a couple. BYU has the stats - LMU has the opportunity for an upset.



Corrections - Garibay is gone - left the team last week after not getting enough playing time. Viney is not at full force and Hamilton is questionable, just getting cleared yesterday.



Downer (for us) - Students are still on break so BYU fans will undoubtedly outnumber LMU's - not that we ever have tremendous support except for games against St. Marys, Gonzaga and cross-town rival Pepperdine.



May the best team (tonight) win.
M
Mars


BYU by 5.
B
BroncoBot
Naturally BYU wins by 20+. I mean, how many fans can you guys fit in that sardine can-high school gym you call an arena. ;)



Completely TIC of course. I think this is a close one, but seriously, BYU wins.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.