Archived Topic

Ranked? - Yes #25 in the Coaches poll.

by jvquarterback · 1/5/2012

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
The only two teams I see dropping out of the top 25 are Penn State and maybe Nebraska. I was really hoping Clemson would lose last night. Mizzou could pass BYU in the coaches poll but they are the only ones. AP looks about the same but we'd also need to pass Arkansas St and Nebraska and I'm not sure we'll make it that far. I predict 25th in the Coaches poll and 26th in the AP.



Might help with recruiting but otherwise it doesn't matter that much to me anymore.
M
mormonrasta
jvquarterback wrote:
The only two teams I see dropping out of the top 25 are Penn State and maybe Nebraska. I was really hoping Clemson would lose last night. Mizzou could pass BYU in the coaches poll but they are the only ones. AP looks about the same but we'd also need to pass Arkansas St and Nebraska and I'm not sure we'll make it that far. I predict 25th in the Coaches poll and 26th in the AP.



Might help with recruiting but otherwise it doesn't matter that much to me anymore.


I thought we would be a lock for the final top 25 in the coaches' poll, but as you pointed out that doesn't look to certain. I think it would be really cool to finish ranked for the 5th time in 6 years. I don't see Nebraska falling past us because they beat Penn St. and Michigan St. this year. Hopefully the national disgust for Penn St. will allow us to be ranked.
F
frdbtr
jvquarterback wrote:
The only two teams I see dropping out of the top 25 are Penn State and maybe Nebraska. I was really hoping Clemson would lose last night. Mizzou could pass BYU in the coaches poll but they are the only ones. AP looks about the same but we'd also need to pass Arkansas St and Nebraska and I'm not sure we'll make it that far. I predict 25th in the Coaches poll and 26th in the AP.



Might help with recruiting but otherwise it doesn't matter that much to me anymore.


Clemson got crushed last night.
L
Lawboy
23 at best. This is the worst 10 win season Bronco has ever had in terms of quality wins. We will be fortunate to be ranked at all if we are. I would not be surprised to see us end up at 26th either.
G
Gunk
Lawboy wrote:
23 at best. This is the worst 10 win season Bronco has ever had in terms of quality wins. We will be fortunate to be ranked at all if we are. I would not be surprised to see us end up at 26th either.


IMO, we are not a Top 25 team. Hope we are not ranked and it lights a fire under our guys.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Gunk wrote:
23 at best. This is the worst 10 win season Bronco has ever had in terms of quality wins. We will be fortunate to be ranked at all if we are. I would not be surprised to see us end up at 26th either.


IMO, we are not a Top 25 team. Hope we are not ranked and it lights a fire under our guys.


Amen. It's sort of in the same spirit of not taking too much, head swelling pride, from the Tulsa win.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
...or even worse, UTEP.
J
jvquarterback
The difference is USC couldn't receive votes in the Coaches poll.
K
KYCoug
Despite our short comings who would you put ahead of us that isn't in the top 25. I think we deserve it and earned it, even if we don't have the strongest resume out there...nobody else does either!
C
Cougarbib
Be happy folks - 2 more points vs Texas and we would be ranked about 15. Solid special teams play vs TCU and we would be ranked about 10th despite the Utah debacle. If the coaches had gotten Riley Nelson ready in time to play Utah - who knows.



Enjoy it. And just watch the Ute fans moan and groan about it. Moan all they want. BYU is Top 25 according to the coaches and Top 26 per the media and ranked way ahead of Utah according to anyone out there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Be happy folks - 2 more points vs Texas and we would be ranked about 15. Solid special teams play vs TCU and we would be ranked about 10th despite the Utah debacle. If the coaches had gotten Riley Nelson ready in time to play Utah - who knows.



Enjoy it. And just watch the Ute fans moan and groan about it. Moan all they want. BYU is Top 25 according to the coaches and Top 26 per the media and ranked way ahead of Utah according to anyone out there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


+1! Yeaaaahh!!! Go Cougs!! 8)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.