R
rblackIn reading several comments by some fans, I realized that there are some fans out there that feel that our current head coach is not a good coach. Quite frankly, this shocks me. Bronco Mendenhall has the best winning percentage of any coach that BYU has ever had. He has played a consistently tougher schedule than Lavell Edwards faced during his coaching career. During most of his coaching career, Lavell Edwards rarely faced a conference opponent that was ranked. Bronco Mendenhall has almost always faced a ranked conference opponent (with the exception of this year for obvious reasons). BYU had bad games with Lavell Edwards and has had bad games with Bronco Mendenhall, however, show me a team who's coach has an almost 75% win percentage and I'll show you a team who is well coached. Any coach that wins 73% of his games, like Bronco Mendenhall, is not over his head, should not be retired, fired, replaced, or made a GA to create a vacancy in the coaching position. If a coach can consistently put 10+ winning seasons together, eventually, he will put a 13 win season together. Will it happen next year, I don't know (and neither do you). I can only tell you for sure that it didn't happen this year. If you think that you can better manage the team because the little league team that you coached won all of it's games (even though no one was officially keeping score), you're wrong. We have a great coach. We need to be thankful that we have the coach that we have and quit whining because things didn't go perfectly. Now that I have said that, I'm sure someone will post that they "know" we won't ever go undefeated with Bronco Mendenhall because.... To that individual..... you don't "know" anything of the sort, you just think you know, and I think you're wrong.

