Archived Topic

Man, we need a tight end

by mizzoucoug · 12/30/2011

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
How glaring is this weakness after looking back on the season? If not for Hoffman, we are 3 and out machine this season. We don't need another Harline either, just a good TE who can make 3rd down catches--at that point we'd be on another level altogether.



Obviously nobody we currently have is going to be that guy so do we have any emerging or new players for next year? I'm happy to get to 10 wins this year but that won't happen in 2012 unless we plug this hole asap.
D
Dcr36
Are you taking Mathews and Holt into consideration here? We had a lot of injury issues at TE this year.



Personally, I think JD Falslev is a good 3rd down pressure-valve kind of option, even if it didn't necessarily show today.
M
mizzoucoug
Matthews is too small to be an every down TE and Holt hasn't played enough. But yeah, I don't think any of the TE's on the roster are capable of being go-to guys because nobody has emerged to this point.
B
BYULV
It's just a matter of injuries early in the year. The TEs were starting to make strides until they went down one after another. I think this will remedy itself over the offseason.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.