Archived Topic

Pre Season Top 25?

by kfilly20 · 12/30/2011

Advertisement
K
kfilly20
Not that I think we deserve it or anything but is there a chance we are a pre season top 25 team going into next year?
S
Schmoe
I think we have a good chance of finishing the season ranked this year, but I doubt we get ranked preseason next year. The "name" teams will all slide back in and we'll get pushed back out.
K
kfilly20
Schmoe wrote:
I think we have a good chance of finishing the season ranked this year, but I doubt we get ranked preseason next year. The "name" teams will all slide back in and we'll get pushed back out.


Remember we have ESPN pimping us now though
D
Dcr36
Schmoe wrote:
I think we have a good chance of finishing the season ranked this year, but I doubt we get ranked preseason next year. The "name" teams will all slide back in and we'll get pushed back out.


Yeah, watching the ESPN post-game last night I was surprised how quickly the ESPN commentators were back on the "Florida State is a top five program in 2012" train, considering they had under 100 yards in their final season game just weeks ago.



I think more and more, pre-season rankings are being influenced by recruiting classes and regional bias, which doesn't bode well for a high pre-season ranking. Which is absolutely fine in my book.
M
mizzoucoug
Yeah, we have a lot of top producers returning but we never get love in pre-season polls. Unlike the WVU's and OSU's of the world we have to earn our spot.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
kfilly20 wrote:
I think we have a good chance of finishing the season ranked this year, but I doubt we get ranked preseason next year. The "name" teams will all slide back in and we'll get pushed back out.


Remember we have ESPN pimping us now though


Yes, but our name isn't Notre Dame, or Florida, or Ohio St., or Auburn, or West Virginia, or...
S
SpiffCoug
If we are, it'll be just inside the top 25 like 23 or so.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.