Archived Topic

What is the best outcome for AF bowl?

by Y12 · 12/27/2011

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Winning always trumps losing. The best thing for the short & long term is winning by as many points as possible.
G
Guest
Winning by as many points possible gives backups a chance to play and develop their skills in actual game time situations.
J
jvquarterback
There's a thunderstorm and the game gets delayed 7 hours so I can watch it live. Oh and BYU wins 84-0.
C
Cougarbib
Tulsa has a very good offense. Very Good.



I would like to see the BYU defense Rise Up and make a statement.



Tulsa has a strong run defense. I would like to see the BYU offense Rise Up and throw for 300 yards to open up the run for another 200 yards.



BYU 500 yards and 49 points Vs Tulsa at 300 yards and 17 points would be very sweet.



I would like to see Lark get a quarter and rack up 100 yards of total offense.



Consistent ST play with no turnovers and less than 40 yards in penalties - sweet and complete domination.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Winning is contagious and fosters a positive attitude. However, a good coach places the win in perspective and evaluates it according to the strength of the team played and the execution of the O/D schemes. In our win against SEC team Ole Miss, we saw some serious flaws that needed immediate correction (failure to convert in red zone, confused play calling - relaying plays onto the field in a timely manner, over thrown balls, lack of truly established running game - although Alisa looked great on his catch and run - showed glimpses of things to come, defense struggling with zone read - run option/pass). Clearly we needed improvement and it took the coaches a while to make necessary changes. We weren't as dominant as we should have been and something didn't feel right throughout the game and clearly in the TX, UT and USU games as well. The Heaps hype over the summer had seriously impacted the team and chemistry and it showed as the season progressed.We just witnessed the fall -out, but all knew something wasn't clicking.



My hope, is that we beat Tulsa in similar style as the HI victory, and then build upon that momentum in the off-season - tailoring the O to Nelson and Lark and the weapons we have. I don't believe that Nelson has the same issues as Jake does, and therefore, I expect continued improvement and consistency from him and the team. Of course, another in depth evaluation of the coaches is in order - starting with a QB coach and quite possibly on OL coach (rather disappointed in how dominant we were supposed to be with all of the returning starters).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Playing every single game as though there is no tomorrow is the best short and long term thing to do - except when the game is clearly out of reach, put the reserves in and let them play like there is no tomorrow. Winning is a habit. Losing is a habit. Winning is a far better habit.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
I also think that we will see the true Riley when he plays in his first bowl game as a starter. He has something he wants to prove, especially now that the Heaps saga has played out. I am sure he wants to put his stamp on the team as its leader and look for him to do that and into the offseason. The identity of the team will mirror his zest for winning.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
Just win. Always. The rest is for the coaches to sort out. That is what they get paid to do.
S
scott715
Win in dominate fashion. RN has a great game and the annoucers talk about his heisman canditcy for next year. Jake comes out and announces that he left because he could not beat out RN. And a few 5 stars recruits annouce committments and transfers to BYU.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Personally, I do not want any Heisman talk, and individual award talk. I just want the team to win. Individual awards are great when you have players that are truly elite, the team knows it, and still kicks trash because no one gets butt hurt over the attention 1 player gets. Only BYU player I see that fits that bill is KVN right now for 2012, and his position does not garner the spotlight other positions do.



Honestly, I just want to beat a really good team for a change. The last 3 years, we have struggled to do that.
S
scott715
TIC alert for Dreaming "best outcome".
S
SpiffCoug
Lawboy wrote:
Personally, I do not want any Heisman talk, and individual award talk. I just want the team to win. Individual awards are great when you have players that are truly elite, the team knows it, and still kicks trash because no one gets butt hurt over the attention 1 player gets. Only BYU player I see that fits that bill is KVN right now for 2012, and his position does not garner the spotlight other positions do.



Honestly, I just want to beat a really good team for a change. The last 3 years, we have struggled to do that.

+BYU
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.