Archived Topic

Last Recruit for 2012 Season

by byucougar1 · 12/24/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
As reported in SL Trib,





"Mendenhall said Friday he couldn’t comment about any prospects because the paperwork wasn’t in yet, but acknowledged the Cougars have only a single scholarship left and that they are hopeful of signing one junior college player this month."



Anyone know who this player might be?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Maybe we can all post our Santa Letters here



Dear Santa



What I really, really, really want for Christmas is not my two front teeth. In fact, I would give my eye tooth for it -



A bruising fullback that can block like a tank and run straight ahead, and catch passes out of the backfield.



In case we already have one of those in Pritchard, I would like a RB with decent size, blazing speed, nifty moves, and the ability to catch passes out of the backfield.





The Whine Bibster



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Marquis Johnson a DL from El Camino JC 6'2" 305 pounder with three years to play. It was not clear if he has 3 to play 2 or 3 years of eligibility.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
2 years of eligibility available. However, he committed on Wednesday and Bronco made statement on Friday - so I believe it is a different player.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
byucougar1 wrote:
2 years of eligibility available. However, he committed on Wednesday and Bronco made statement on Friday - so I believe it is a different player.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That is what I thought as well, but when reading the article with Bronco's thoughts on Heaps transferring to KU, this player was mentioned near the bottom of the article and just before the quote about 1 remaining schollie and that left me with the impression that this guy is the last one.



I hope you are right and I get my RB or FB from Santa.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I read it again - I think this guy is the last guy. I presume this is Jake's freed up schollie, but maybe not.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.