Archived Topic

Miracle Bowl Movie - be a part!

by HoosierCougar · 12/23/2011

Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
There is a movement afoot to develop a movie about the Miracle Bowl and the "Miracle Behind the Miracle Bowl". You can participate.



Last year, I heard Tom Holmoe tell this inspirational story. Afterward, I was talking to my brother-in-law and he mentioned that he was also familiar with this story and really wanted to see it made into an inspirational movie.



Fast forward to today. Through Kickstarter, a social media vehicle to get projects like this funded, BIL is looking for help to fund the project.



http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/703925445/never-give-up-the-miracle-behind-the-miracle-bowl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I am inviting you to help unleash the power of Cougar Corner to do some good and get this story told!



If we help make this happen, Rumor Board's Michelle Peralta Facebook event will really be small potatos!



FULL DISCLOSURE: This is my brother-in-law's project and I have multiple reasons for wanting to see it succeed (like the welfare of my sister and their kids, as well as my passion for BYU and BYU Sports). Also, I cleared it with Hawkwing before putting this blatant solicitation on CC.
S
snoscythe
Just to lend my voice here--for those who don't know how 'kickstarter' works, you pledge as little as $1 to the project, but you don't pay your pledge until the entire $75,000 has been pledged. If they don't get the full $75K pledged by the deadline (Feb 19th), no one gets charged.



The key isn't to sell your kidneys on the black market and make a massive donation, but rather for a large number of people to make small pledges/donations.



To that end--the key is getting the word out. Please utilized the "Like", "Tweet" and "+1" buttons at the top of the page to share with you social media 'friends' to get the word out, and send emails with the link to your BYU fan friends.
S
scott715
Has not connected with Facebook yet. I will check again in a couple of days.
G
Guest
Guys, this sounds like a great project. It's up to each individual if they want to be a small part of this project or not, but I'm really grateful for the story to be told and I'm willing to put forth a few dollars to make it happen.
S
snoscythe
Project is up to 22 backers and about $4,000 pledged. Keep it rolling!
Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
Quick update...



Vai has written an article about the experience and this project.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700219640/Vais-View-BYU-team-manager-Mel-Farr-made-lasting-impact.html?pg=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



The project has 81 backers and nearly $18,500 pledged.



If you have $5 to spare, please consider this project. If the full $75,000 isn't raised in the next 3 weeks, no one gets charged anything... and the project goes on the shelf for a while.



This is our real-life example that BYU stands for more than Ws and Ls, that the human spirit is indomitable, that inspiration can come from the least likely places.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.