Archived Topic

Jake Heaps to Kansas

by bostoncoug · 12/22/2011

Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
He wanted to follow Crist. I admire his faith and dedication.
S
scott715
Maybe if we had gotten into the Big12 he would have stayed. That could have been his motivation TIC.
F
frdbtr
mormonrasta wrote:
He wanted to follow Crist. I admire his faith and dedication.


:lol: :lol: That's funny right there!
Y
Y12
Well, this sums up the irony of it all:



https://twitter.com/#!/BlueCougarFball/status/149955596634955776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



@BlueCougarFball

Heaps left #BYU to get out of sitting behind a mobile QB. Weis' 2 Notre Dame QBs in NFL are both sitting behing mobile QBs-Tebow and Newton





So, what type of career college or NFL is Heaps looking for?
Advertisement
G
Gunk
We need to work out a game with KU for 2013. I want to see KVN lay Heaps out.
S
SpiffCoug
Best of luck Jake. Wish you would have stayed.
I
Isola
SpiffCoug wrote:
Best of luck Jake. Wish you would have stayed.

I wish him well too, but I don't really see it happening. I wasn't sure he was going to thrive at BYU after Nelson left, but transferring, learning a new system and all that goes with it....he faces an uphill struggle.



Meanwhile, I think BYU will be just fine at QB.
I
Isola
Y12 wrote:
Well, this sums up the irony of it all:



https://twitter.com/#!/BlueCougarFball/status/149955596634955776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



@BlueCougarFball

Heaps left #BYU to get out of sitting behind a mobile QB. Weis' 2 Notre Dame QBs in NFL are both sitting behing mobile QBs-Tebow and Newton





So, what type of career college or NFL is Heaps looking for?

That is pretty funny.
B
BigCougsFan
Did his parents pack up and move to Utah when he enrolled at BYU?



Did they get some heat from Seattle residents when Heaps didn't commit to Washington?



Poor Ma and Pa. Jake is taking them through the ringer.



These guys are all in with this poker hand. Are they gonna move to Kansas now?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
T
trueblue72
Good luck to him, Now can we destroy or lock this thread so we don't have to talk about Jake Heaps anymore. I was one of his biggest homers, but I am officially 100% of the bandwagon since he transferred. Now is Riley gets hurt again we can start up a Lark vs Nelson thread and start all the mis-treating of each other again. Man I can't wait for the Rileyites and the Larkites to start bashing each other :D Seriously, lets move on from him and no more threads about him lets focus on the players that we have and that want to be here!!!!!



Let's kick the $#!+ out of Tulsa.



I am purposely hijacking this thread.... Anyone know what TULSA spelled backwards is?

(If there are rednecks like me on here, they'll know that joke)
G
Gunk
BigCougsFan wrote:
Did his parents pack up and move to Utah when he enrolled at BYU?



Did they get some heat from Seattle residents when Heaps didn't commit to Washington?



Poor Ma and Pa. Jake is taking them through the ringer.



These guys are all in with this poker hand. Are they gonna move to Kansas now?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


No, they will just send a representative.
B
BigCougsFan
Don't be A Slut, man ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
TBurg Coug
Here's to Jake drifting into anonimity...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Good luck, Jake.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
bostoncoug wrote:
According to the Deseret News I don't see how this is a better situation than BYU.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700209298/BYU-football-Jake-Heaps-transferring-to-Kansas.html?s_cid=t_share" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


he can play against quality competition without the baggage there was here at BYU. It is a fresh start. He will likely have less competition to be a starter as well. I am quite confident that he will do well. Wish him the best.
C
Cougarbib
He will improve by red shirting and observing. Having said that, Franchuck actually published a great article tonight. I know - Oxymoron re Franchuck and great article.



He is a KU Alum and a Jake supporter, but thinks this is a bad choice by Jake.



His funniest comment is that the only two QBs to ever take KU anywhere of note were both cut from the Riley Nelson mold.



Maybe someone not traveling can pop that link on here.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
One of them is Bobby Douglas - who after college played for the Chicago Bears.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Second QB would most likely be John Hadl who later on played for the SD Chargers and Los Angeles Rams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.