Archived Topic

New Rick Reilly column about Jimmer

by hawkwing · 12/22/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7379786/rick-reilly-jimmer-fredette-nba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Well, Fredette's a rookie now with the Sacramento Kings and he finally started a game.



His first game.



Wanna buy an Isuzu?



Tuesday I handed him a check for $5,000 made out to the Fredette Family Foundation, which helps families in New York, Utah and Sacramento.



Things are starting to shimmer for The Jimmer. In just over a week, the Kings have sold more than 1,000 Jimmer jerseys and now have two full-time employees affixing his name on the backs of blank ones to meet demand.

He scored 21 points on 7-for-11 shooting, with four assists. And now it looks like he has a chance to become the Tim Tebow of the NBA.
M
McY
Excellent article. Thanks for posting.
B
Brayden Green
Just coming on to post it.



Reilly got Jimmered.



My favorite part:


"That's one thing that's different about you," says Steve Young, a BYU grad and longtime Jimmermaniac. "Most people have an opinion and stick with it for four or five years until they're proven wrong. You're wrong after the first game."


HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA! Well played, Steve. Well Played.
C
CougarClaw
great article.



love that the check's memo line reads "Crow".
C
Cougs_Rule
Jimmer's already gobbling up press---geting a lot of attention, that is.

The guy should hold seminars for athletes on how to handle the pressure and how to handle success and not let it get to your head.

MOst other players in any sport, we'd be saying: Its early. rookie wall. He won't be able to handle the positive press right at the beginning. BUt somehow it seems Jimmer handled everything last year and kept playin' on.

GReat article. Thanks for posting it.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I like Reilly's suggestion for naming Jimmer's son "Jimmest."
B
BoiseBYU
I'm still waiting for his retraction of what he said in a previous article, namely that going on a mission gives BYU athletes a huge advantage and an unfair one at that. Then I will be satisfied
M
Mars


After Jimmer didn't start in the Kings' pre-season game #2, to experiment with a Evans/Thornton 1-2 line-up, I thought for sure Reilly would wait until the first regular season game before paying up. Now I think he wanted to be proven wrong, that he couldn't wait, that he's just been suckering in Jimmer's fanbase into reading his tweets and articles this whole time. Which would be a very smart move, IMO.
D
Ddawg
I read the article. I liked. it. Thought it was great. Jimmer has a bright future in the NBA. I like to see him leave the Kings i a few years. Go to the Clippers? Whoa! Ha-ha-ha! Who knows.
M
Mars
Ddawg wrote:
I read the article. I liked. it. Thought it was great. Jimmer has a bright future in the NBA. I like to see him leave the Kings i a few years. Go to the Clippers? Whoa! Ha-ha-ha! Who knows.

I like the idea of him being a lifer. You know, like the sporting old-schoolers. The anti-Lebron.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Mars wrote:
I read the article. I liked. it. Thought it was great. Jimmer has a bright future in the NBA. I like to see him leave the Kings i a few years. Go to the Clippers? Whoa! Ha-ha-ha! Who knows.

I like the idea of him being a lifer. You know, like the sporting old-schoolers. The anti-Lebron.


Like Kobe Bryant.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
Gunk wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
I read the article. I liked. it. Thought it was great. Jimmer has a bright future in the NBA. I like to see him leave the Kings i a few years. Go to the Clippers? Whoa! Ha-ha-ha! Who knows.

I like the idea of him being a lifer. You know, like the sporting old-schoolers. The anti-Lebron.


Like Kobe Bryant.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Yeah - I'd like to see Jimmer chase away every great coach and player that he plays with....
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.