Archived Topic

Scotty G Tweet

by SpiffCoug · 12/22/2011

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Burks has found a way to make 0-8 shooting look impressive.


Does anyone think if the Jazz had drafted Jimmer and he'd gone 0-8 in one game and 3-10 in the other - albeit preseason - anyone in the local media would be finding anything good to say about Jimmer?
C
CougarClaw
no.
B
BroncoBot
Huge risk for the jazz to take Jimmer. But I think it would have paid HUGE dividends for the club, even if Jimmer turned out to be "eh".
S
Schmoe
It would have been the only way the Jazz could have kept me as a fan, and I don't think I'm the only who feels that way. Guarantee Jimmer would have sold a TON of tickets for the Jazz.
Y
Y4LYFE
Basically every NBA team is losing money. Jimmer has caused Sac to hire extra employees to handle orders. Hmm...sounds like a good thing to me. Sure Jimmer only scored 21 points and 12 points in two meaningless games, but if you want to make money Jimmer is the man for that. If the Jazz (and they do by the way) just want to hope for Ws, they do what they do and continually miss out on Ws and ticket sales.
Advertisement
G
Guest
The local media is still saying crap about Jimmer. There were some tweets by Locke the other day about it. The guys in the local media are idiots and clowns. I can count the number I respect or believe on 2 fingers.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
The local media is still saying crap about Jimmer. There were some tweets by Locke the other day about it. The guys in the local media are idiots and clowns. I can count the number I respect or believe on 2 fingers.


Amen to that. Im glad he went somewhere else and this way we can rub it in the local media's faces. Jimmer defied odds over and over. He handled pressure in ways that very few players do. And even though the pros provide another level of pressure, none of us doubted that Jimmer would be equal to the task.
B
BoiseBYU
hawkwing wrote:
The local media is still saying crap about Jimmer. There were some tweets by Locke the other day about it. The guys in the local media are idiots and clowns. I can count the number I respect or believe on 2 fingers.

I won;t ask which fingers.... :bug:
W
wildman
Do we still really believe that all of the NBA teams are losing money. BYU has a great accounting program and I'm sure they could show you how the owners cooked the books to use depreciation, etc. I know some teams are losing money but to say most is drinking the owners Kool Aid. While I didn't agree with the players either, I lost a lot of respect for the owners when they said 26 teams lost money last year. No way!!!!!!



Also about the media thing. All local media and fans have their favorites. Think about BYU players the media and fans have their favorites and no matter how good the non-favorites the few bad things they do are scrutinized. Same goes for the favorites they can have 4 points on 8 shots, with no rebounds and 3 steals and everyone focuses on the 3 steals, its just how things are we do the same thing. It just happens to be Jimmer's our guy so we take it personally. The good thing is that coaches don't listen to the media and fans because their tails are on the line so I know Westphal will play Jimmer if he deserves to play, which we all know he will
S
stuckinbig10country
I don't understand why people criticize Locke for his views on Jimmer. He's been pretty nice compared to what other experts have said. He's compared him to Jason Terry, who was the 2nd best player on a championship team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
He's also sent out some relatively scathing tweets and hinted that he held back many of what other scouts "really" thought of Jimmer. Locke is trying to soften his position now, so that way he doesn't look like a complete doofus when Jimmer turns out to be a decent NBA player.
A
AJP
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I don't understand why people criticize Locke for his views on Jimmer. He's been pretty nice compared to what other experts have said. He's compared him to Jason Terry, who was the 2nd best player on a championship team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I don't agree with Jason Terry being the second best player on the Mavs championship team last year, but i do agree that it could be a fairly decent comparison in terms of the "offensive spark off the bench" concept. Other than that, I have no idea about any other comments he's made since I haven't ever seen his comments.

(tl;dr I'm a Mavs fan ;) )
M
Mars
AJP wrote:
(I'm a Mavs fan ;) )

Oops- It's spelled with a "r". That's okay, people make mistakes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.