Archived Topic

Chow to Hawaii?

by frdbtr · 12/20/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
The tweets on the right are quoting sources that Chow will be Hawaii's next HC. One of them is Harmon.
S
Stirfry
With any luck some of the top recruits that cited Chow as the reason for coming will have second thoughts. The Elite 11 kid, Chase Hansen, and the receiver from Baylor would all be great assets for the Utes to lose.



Other than recruiting, I think the U is better off to lose Chow than Sitake. Sitake is much more of a commodity right now. Chow is living on reputation.
C
Cougs_Rule
I'd have to agree. NOt sure I agree with espn700shep that Chow is a "huge blow."
J
jonnylingo
I would agree that it is a huge blow to recruiting. but that is about it.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
I think Chow at Hawaii is MUCH more damaging to BYU than Chow at :utard:
S
scott715
Wow it is official. So will he hire Slick Rick to be his OC?
S
Stirfry
It also warms my heart that if Hawaii beats BYU the Hawaii coach probably keeps his job and Chow stays at Utah. BYU's win over Hawaii may have costs the Utes :utard: Coach Chow. (Yes I'm grasping for straws after until next September :sick: .)



I wonder what effect this has on BYU's poly pipeline as well. I have to believe that Chow at Hawaii isn't any worse than Chow at Utah for BYU though.
G
Guest
I'm glad that Chow is finally getting the chance to be a HC that he has wanted for so long. I hope he does well with it and loses to BYU every time they play (and for every recruit we want).
C
CougarClaw
Heaps to hawaii!!!
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Chow leaving Utah hurts more than most think. He was a draw for QBs to Utah because of his earned reputation in developing top tier QBs. And as an OC, all you had to see was see how he kept a Utah team together enough on O to let them win games this year after Wynn went down. That QB he won with was poor, yet they were able to run it and pass enough to win. Chow prevented a grease fire at Utah this year, make no mistake.



I think Norm will help Hawaii keep the top level Hawaii kids on the island. We have not recruited great over there for a while as it is, but need to great 2-3 kids per year that are good enough. Norm might stop that for both BYU and Utah. His rep will keep some kids home.



I hope he wins a ton there, except when he plays BYU.



By the way, would not be shocked to see Chase Hansen change his mind. No inside info here other than to say that BYU has not stopped recruiting him. Utah is still recruiting him hard as well. Some rumors were out about 2 weeks ago that he might switch. HE is playing hoops for LP right now, which is odd for a kid who supposedly is early enrolling at Utah in weeks.
C
CAFB_04-12
hawkwing wrote:
I'm glad that Chow is finally getting the chance to be a HC that he has wanted for so long. I hope he does well with it and loses to BYU every time they play (and for every recruit we want).

+1
F
frdbtr
Stirfry wrote:
It also warms my heart that if Hawaii beats BYU the Hawaii coach probably keeps his job and Chow stays at Utah. BYU's win over Hawaii may have costs the Utes :utard: Coach Chow. (Yes I'm grasping for straws after until next September :sick: .)



I wonder what effect this has on BYU's poly pipeline as well. I have to believe that Chow at Hawaii isn't any worse than Chow at Utah for BYU though.


I had thought that Chow had damaged our poly pipeline back in the day. Not sure how he will make it harder for us to recruit poly's from hawaii. We haven't been dominating that pipeline much lately anyway.
E
EM_Puma
scott715 wrote:
Wow it is official. So will he hire Slick Rick to be his OC?


That's good. :D



He does probably need a job and probably has a few year's pay in his pocket. I think it would be hard to pass. Just soak up the sun. Hmmm.
C
CougarClaw
Sitake to Hawaii as well? ast least, IF the Islanders can afford him. I'd love for the Yewties to lose both but Sitake is the bigger lost IMHO.



and what is this. First BYU supplies the YEW with all of its coaches and NOW we have to supply Hawaii as well?



The nerve of these programs.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
I'm glad that Chow is finally getting the chance to be a HC that he has wanted for so long. I hope he does well with it and loses to BYU every time they play (and for every recruit we want).


word.
J
jonnylingo
CougarClaw wrote:
Sitake to Hawaii as well? ast least, IF the Islanders can afford him. I'd love for the Yewties to lose both but Sitake is the bigger lost IMHO.



and what is this. First BYU supplies the YEW with all of its coaches and NOW we have to supply Hawaii as well?



The nerve of these programs.


so true.
Y
Y 4 Ever
CougarClaw wrote:
Sitake to Hawaii as well? ast least, IF the Islanders can afford him. I'd love for the Yewties to lose both but Sitake is the bigger lost IMHO.



and what is this. First BYU supplies the YEW with all of its coaches and NOW we have to supply Hawaii as well?



The nerve of these programs.


Why in the :utard: would Sitake go from being the DC at :utard: to being the DC at Hawaii. Makes no sense. Even if he's promised the HC job in X years - he will get head coaching job offers anyway, and maybe better than Hawaii...
G
Guest
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Sitake to Hawaii as well? ast least, IF the Islanders can afford him. I'd love for the Yewties to lose both but Sitake is the bigger lost IMHO.



and what is this. First BYU supplies the YEW with all of its coaches and NOW we have to supply Hawaii as well?



The nerve of these programs.


Why in the :utard: would Sitake go from being the DC at :utard: to being the DC at Hawaii. Makes no sense. Even if he's promised the HC job in X years - he will get head coaching job offers anyway, and maybe better than Hawaii...


Rats jumping ship.



Something smells up north, and the good talent is getting out of Dodge.
T
trueblue72
Lawboy wrote:

By the way, would not be shocked to see Chase Hansen change his mind. No inside info here other than to say that BYU has not stopped recruiting him. Utah is still recruiting him hard as well. Some rumors were out about 2 weeks ago that he might switch. HE is playing hoops for LP right now, which is odd for a kid who supposedly is early enrolling at Utah in weeks.


I was just about the ask this exact question. If chow was the big attraction to begin with then what is left for Hansen? They have a staff full of people who have exactly one year in that style of Offense, a QB coach who is a spread option guy and the two guys that called plays last year were absolutely awful.



Maybe the rumors about Doman being looked at by Auburn are enough to tell Hansen that Doman does know what he's doing. Also I wonder if Jake transferring has played into Hansen's decision at all? If he doesn't go on a mission, he'll be fighting for the job as a red-shirt sophomore. I think this definitely throws a monkey wrench into this whole situation.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.