Archived Topic

TMangum interviewed on KSL TV

by Cougs_Rule · 12/19/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Saw the interview last night on the 10:35 sports show. The interview is not posted on KSL. Hopefully it will be.

Tanner seems like a straight up and confident kid.

Zundell, the interviewer, asked if he was effected by Heaps' experience and transfer. He said no.

TM also said the Elite 11 and other accolades are a lot of hype. I know I am missing some context, I was half asleep.

Pretty good interview. Maybe somebody can help find a link.
B
BerliNY
dmcougar wrote:
Saw the interview last night on the 10:35 sports show. The interview is not posted on KSL. Hopefully it will be.

Tanner seems like a straight up and confident kid.

Zundell, the interviewer, asked if he was effected by Heaps' experience and transfer. He said no.

TM also said the Elite 11 and other accolades are a lot of hype. I know I am missing some context, I was half asleep.

Pretty good interview. Maybe somebody can help find a link.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBnV-OfEdtA
S
SpiffCoug
Did Zundell mispronounce his last name? That seems to be his M.O.
S
Schmoe
Seems like a humble kid who has his head on straight, I'm excited for this kid to come to BYU.
G
Guest
This kid really has his head on straight. He seems to be talented, both physically and mentally. I really look forward to him joining Cougar Nation.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Yes, he does seem strong mentally. Or is that just my projection, hoping that this top recruit is stronger mentally than Jake seemed or at least presented to be. He seems very confident maybe even cocky, but it doesn't seem to be a facade.
S
snoscythe
Wait, why wasn't this done at Iggy's?
S
scott715
Because he doesn't have a PR rep in tow.
U
UliUli79
scott715 wrote:
Because he doesn't have a PR rep in tow.


Bahahaha! :lol:
D
Dcr36
Watching the interview, I wonder if the Heaps debacle was actually a good thing for him to watch from afar. He seems to recognize that the key to winning hearts and minds at BYU is presenting yourself as a hard worker, and not putting too much stock in your HS achievements.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Great point.
S
SenorCougar
Dcr36 wrote:
Watching the interview, I wonder if the Heaps debacle was actually a good thing for him to watch from afar. He seems to recognize that the key to winning hearts and minds at BYU is presenting yourself as a hard worker, and not putting too much stock in your HS achievements.


To coin a phrase: Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
B
beauso79
Hopefully he can run and avoid pressure



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Dcr36
SenorCougar wrote:
Watching the interview, I wonder if the Heaps debacle was actually a good thing for him to watch from afar. He seems to recognize that the key to winning hearts and minds at BYU is presenting yourself as a hard worker, and not putting too much stock in your HS achievements.


To coin a phrase: Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.


I was talking mainly about perception of attitude by coaches, other players, the media, etc. In those instances, talk IS important. At the very least, it shows Mangum has some willingness to play the "hardnosed and humble" card, something that I think would've helped Heaps (and I'll admit my assumption that Heaps didn't is based on rumor/conjecture.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Good interview. First time I've seen Tanner in an actual interview. Good stuff.
Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
snoscythe wrote:
Wait, why wasn't this done at Iggy's?


Because Iggy's may have the worst bar food in SLC. Another reason to like this kid. Already reading options and making the best decision.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
HoosierCougar wrote:
Wait, why wasn't this done at Iggy's?


Because Iggy's may have the worst bar food in SLC. Another reason to like this kid. Already reading options and making the best decision.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You got that right man!
D
Ddawg
Know what I found refreshing? No promise of National Championships! Just a willingness to work hard & be a good teammate.

8)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.