Archived Topic

Looks like we've made some friends in Waco

by Y 4 Ever · 12/17/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Sounds like their fans want us but the school admin doesn't. If I had to put money on our biggest opposition on getting into the Big 12, I would put it on Baylor.
I
imuakahuku
More than one thread on how classy the fans and BYU is. And how they all want us in the B12. I thought the banner was pretty classy too. Disappointed we lost but I will say the players from Baylor didn't act like what we have seen from such talented teams. I saw a lot of players pat oppenents on the back. When RJ III came back in Davies gave him a pat to welcome him back before play started again. I wonder if he hadn't sucked it up and gotten back in there do we win? He had that put back from around the rim where he went over a BYU guy who was in place to get the rebound.

This one stings a little but I can see Baylor winning the B12 and losing by three to a possible conf champ team takes some of the sting out of it. But like the announcers said, win and BYU is almost a shoo-in for tourney. Oh well, lets just go out and win the conf and make on those merits. I think we have a team that go deep in the tourny for the next several years.
S
scott715
Baylor's Jones: "They didn't use foul language. They stayed humbled. I respect them for that and for not cussing us out like other places."



Baylor's Perry Jones III on BYU's crowd: "I want to give respect to the fanbase here. That's one of the top hardest places to play."



PJ3 was interviewed after the game and said he wasn’t cussed at during the game.
F
finn
Howdy folks.



My wife and I are Baylor grads/fans and attended the game today. We had a terrific time (winning helped, of course), and the BYU fans around us were tremendous. You guys were great supporters of your school and made the university proud.



Example of your class: one BYU fan (I use the term loosely) made a classless comment amount Perry Jones lacking an anatomical feature toward the end of the game. The other fans jumped all over him and reminded the him Perry Jones had just scored 28 points against BYU. All in all, we had a great visit.



And sorry about some of those missed calls. In a game like that on your home court...I think the outcome could have been different if those calls went the other way.



Sic 'em Bears!
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
finn wrote:
Howdy folks.



My wife and I are Baylor grads/fans and attended the game today. We had a terrific time (winning helped, of course), and the BYU fans around us were tremendous. You guys were great supporters of your school and made the university proud.



Example of your class: one BYU fan (I use the term loosely) made a classless comment amount Perry Jones lacking an anatomical feature toward the end of the game. The other fans jumped all over him and reminded the him Perry Jones had just scored 28 points against BYU. All in all, we had a great visit.



And sorry about some of those missed calls. In a game like that on your home court...I think the outcome could have been different if those calls went the other way.



Sic 'em Bears!


Welcome to the board. Wish (and still hopefull) that this were and/or becomes a regular season game :) ! Glad you had a good experience, although wish our boys on the hardwood could have put a little more of a damper on it. Personally I don't blame the b12 refs. Our guys were nervous to start and threw the ball away too many times. You can't do that to a team with that much talent. We needed a bigger lead but our own mistakes really hurt. Abouo threw the ball right to Baylor on that first or second possession. He is going to take a lot of ribbing for that over the few days I suspect.



Good luck and go win the B12 and see ya next year where we can hopefully return the favor. :crazy:
S
Schmoe
Kind of ironic that so many Baylor fans are saying "I wish BYU was in the Big XII," since they're the (supposed) reason that we didn't get into the conference years ago.
S
scott715
Yeah they prefer all of the drama with Texas and the teams that are leaving. Something about living in interesting times.
S
Schmoe
scott715 wrote:
Yeah they prefer all of the drama with Texas and the teams that are leaving. Something about living in interesting times.


Yeah, it sure would have sucked to be part of a prominent conference over the last 17 years, with the increased revenue and exposure. Sure glad we didn't have to deal with any drama like Texas in the WAC and MWC (oh, wait...).
G
Gunk
finn wrote:
Howdy folks.



My wife and I are Baylor grads/fans and attended the game today. We had a terrific time (winning helped, of course), and the BYU fans around us were tremendous. You guys were great supporters of your school and made the university proud.



Example of your class: one BYU fan (I use the term loosely) made a classless comment amount Perry Jones lacking an anatomical feature toward the end of the game. The other fans jumped all over him and reminded the him Perry Jones had just scored 28 points against BYU. All in all, we had a great visit.



And sorry about some of those missed calls. In a game like that on your home court...I think the outcome could have been different if those calls went the other way.



Sic 'em Bears!


Glad you enjoyed the game. Hope to see you around here again sometime. Looking forware to when BYU visits Baylor next season.



We couldn't stop Jones. That guy was a beast. Poor defensive rotation on the perimeter killed us too. The refs certainly didn't help things. Couldn't believe the missed call on Baylor's guard dribbling in off his foot.
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
finn wrote:
Howdy folks.



My wife and I are Baylor grads/fans and attended the game today. We had a terrific time (winning helped, of course), and the BYU fans around us were tremendous. You guys were great supporters of your school and made the university proud.



Example of your class: one BYU fan (I use the term loosely) made a classless comment amount Perry Jones lacking an anatomical feature toward the end of the game. The other fans jumped all over him and reminded the him Perry Jones had just scored 28 points against BYU. All in all, we had a great visit.



And sorry about some of those missed calls. In a game like that on your home court...I think the outcome could have been different if those calls went the other way.



Sic 'em Bears!


Good to have friendly and classy dialogue with fans from our opponents. Welcome to the Corner, and I hope you feel like it's worth a return trip or two. Hope Baylor knocks 'em dead in the B12!
C
Cougs_Rule
I've never seen fans chanting an injured players name--on the opponents team-- while that player is on the ground being attended to. I was proud of our student section. That was classy. The banner for RG3 was great also.

After I turned around and gave a dirty look and a "Cmon" to some byu fans behind me who called PJ3 a "faker", not loudly, I later turned around and apologized when PJ3 came in one play later. I have never, along with many others, seen a guy writhing in pain so much and get assisted off the floor with his two arm carries, only to come in one play later.....with one 1 time-out remaining at that.....hmmmm. The dude was a beast and a wanker at the same time, unless he took a shot to the groin, and I'm pretty certain it was not that.
I
Isola
finn wrote:
Howdy folks.



My wife and I are Baylor grads/fans and attended the game today. We had a terrific time (winning helped, of course), and the BYU fans around us were tremendous. You guys were great supporters of your school and made the university proud.



Example of your class: one BYU fan (I use the term loosely) made a classless comment amount Perry Jones lacking an anatomical feature toward the end of the game. The other fans jumped all over him and reminded the him Perry Jones had just scored 28 points against BYU. All in all, we had a great visit.



And sorry about some of those missed calls. In a game like that on your home court...I think the outcome could have been different if those calls went the other way.



Sic 'em Bears!

You may be interested (as your fellow Baylor fans) that you can rewatch the game whenever you want at

http://byutv.org/watch/event/4a3645f9-2e5d-4396-8033-f0c58c79d727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



You do have to log in, but it is free and I you can choose to not get event emails. Even if you miss that option you can simply unsubscribe to the emails. EDIT: I think you have to log in for live stuff, but after a few days it goes to the archives and you can watch without signing in.[/EDIT]



It's incredibly nice to be able to go back and watch games you missed or that you attended and so you want to get the replays. This is probably the only BYU game you will want to rewatch but it is a huge plus for us BYU fans. That is something I am happy BYU isn't willing to give up.



Actually I take that back about it being the only game you might want to rewatch. There is a chance that if next year's BYU @ Baylor game doesn't get picked up by your TV contract or if it is on ESPN, then that game may also end up on the site. Most espn road games end up on there and BYUTV helped broadcast a road football game at Oregon State.
S
scott715
Do you think they will replay the game on KBYU? Maybe this summer when things are slow. We got some more games coming up this week so there might not be room.
B
BoiseBYU
dmcougar wrote:
I've never seen fans chanting an injured players name--on the opponents team-- while that player is on the ground being attended to. I was proud of our student section. That was classy. The banner for RG3 was great also.

After I turned around and gave a dirty look and a "Cmon" to some byu fans behind me who called PJ3 a "faker", not loudly, I later turned around and apologized when PJ3 came in one play later. I have never, along with many others, seen a guy writhing in pain so much and get assisted off the floor with his two arm carries, only to come in one play later.....with one 1 time-out remaining at that.....hmmmm. The dude was a beast and a wanker at the same time, unless he took a shot to the groin, and I'm pretty certain it was not that.

My guess is that PJ3 was channeling his inner world cup soccer playing practices....
Advertisement
G
Guest
BoiseBYU wrote:
I've never seen fans chanting an injured players name--on the opponents team-- while that player is on the ground being attended to. I was proud of our student section. That was classy. The banner for RG3 was great also.

After I turned around and gave a dirty look and a "Cmon" to some byu fans behind me who called PJ3 a "faker", not loudly, I later turned around and apologized when PJ3 came in one play later. I have never, along with many others, seen a guy writhing in pain so much and get assisted off the floor with his two arm carries, only to come in one play later.....with one 1 time-out remaining at that.....hmmmm. The dude was a beast and a wanker at the same time, unless he took a shot to the groin, and I'm pretty certain it was not that.

My guess is that PJ3 was channeling his inner world cup soccer playing practices....

It's that prayer thing we do before each game coming back to bite us in the butt. We prayed that no serious harm or injury would befall the players and then we're surprised when none do? ;)
U
Ungoy
hawkwing wrote:
dmcougar wrote:
I've never seen fans chanting an injured players name--on the opponents team-- while that player is on the ground being attended to. I was proud of our student section. That was classy. The banner for RG3 was great also.

After I turned around and gave a dirty look and a "Cmon" to some byu fans behind me who called PJ3 a "faker", not loudly, I later turned around and apologized when PJ3 came in one play later. I have never, along with many others, seen a guy writhing in pain so much and get assisted off the floor with his two arm carries, only to come in one play later.....with one 1 time-out remaining at that.....hmmmm. The dude was a beast and a wanker at the same time, unless he took a shot to the groin, and I'm pretty certain it was not that.

My guess is that PJ3 was channeling his inner world cup soccer playing practices....

It's that prayer thing we do before each game coming back to bite us in the butt. We prayed that no serious harm or injury would befall the players and then we're surprised when none do? ;)


Do they have prayers before practices and football scrimmages? If so, then Iona Pritchard got hosed... :)
B
BYULV
Ungoy wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
I've never seen fans chanting an injured players name--on the opponents team-- while that player is on the ground being attended to. I was proud of our student section. That was classy. The banner for RG3 was great also.

After I turned around and gave a dirty look and a "Cmon" to some byu fans behind me who called PJ3 a "faker", not loudly, I later turned around and apologized when PJ3 came in one play later. I have never, along with many others, seen a guy writhing in pain so much and get assisted off the floor with his two arm carries, only to come in one play later.....with one 1 time-out remaining at that.....hmmmm. The dude was a beast and a wanker at the same time, unless he took a shot to the groin, and I'm pretty certain it was not that.

My guess is that PJ3 was channeling his inner world cup soccer playing practices....

It's that prayer thing we do before each game coming back to bite us in the butt. We prayed that no serious harm or injury would befall the players and then we're surprised when none do? ;)


Do they have prayers before practices and football scrimmages? If so, then Iona Pritchard got hosed... :)


As did stephen Rogers.
G
Gunk
BYULV wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
dmcougar wrote:
I've never seen fans chanting an injured players name--on the opponents team-- while that player is on the ground being attended to. I was proud of our student section. That was classy. The banner for RG3 was great also.

After I turned around and gave a dirty look and a "Cmon" to some byu fans behind me who called PJ3 a "faker", not loudly, I later turned around and apologized when PJ3 came in one play later. I have never, along with many others, seen a guy writhing in pain so much and get assisted off the floor with his two arm carries, only to come in one play later.....with one 1 time-out remaining at that.....hmmmm. The dude was a beast and a wanker at the same time, unless he took a shot to the groin, and I'm pretty certain it was not that.

My guess is that PJ3 was channeling his inner world cup soccer playing practices....

It's that prayer thing we do before each game coming back to bite us in the butt. We prayed that no serious harm or injury would befall the players and then we're surprised when none do? ;)


Do they have prayers before practices and football scrimmages? If so, then Iona Pritchard got hosed... :)


As did stephen Rogers.


Add Demarcus Harrison to the list too...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.