Archived Topic

USU-O Potato Bowl

by scott715 · 12/17/2011

Advertisement
S
scott715
Aggies up 2-0 so far. I am rooting for them in honor of my father who went there after WW2. And to strengthen our SOS.
S
scott715
9-0 after 1 quarter. So far they are our best win this year until we play Tulsa.
S
SpiffCoug
looks like a pretty decent crowd as well.
S
scott715
Lost by a point 24-23 on a TD with 17 seconds left.
B
BerliNY
scott715 wrote:
Lost by a point 24-23 on a TD with 17 seconds left.


Wow. Snakebit or choke artists? These guys have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
My vote is choke artist. I was surprised they didn't take the safety and kick from the 20. What would that drive been like had they kicked from the 20 instead of from 5 yards inside the endsone? Guess we will never know.
S
Schmoe
Utah State: finding more ways to give a game away in one season than most schools do in a lifetime!
S
SpiffCoug
Gary Anderson has poor clock management. They should have been 11-2 this year. They lost four games due to bad clock management.



I wonder if they should have let them score with :52 left. They had two timeouts to get in FG range.
A
AmmonCougar1
SpiffCoug wrote:
Gary Anderson has poor clock management. They should have been 11-2 this year. They lost four games due to bad clock management.



I wonder if they should have let them score with :52 left. They had two timeouts to get in FG range.

Exactly what I was thinking. Didn't BYU do this in a WAC Championship game once on a long freebie TD, Wyoming or AF iirc. I thought we still ended up losing though. Anyone remember?



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
G
Guest
Its criminal how poor their pass defense is. It has been clear to me that a Qb that cant light them up is really struggling.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
They lose when they go into prevent. In every game they have lost this year when holding a lead on the 4th quarter, as soon as they go into "lead Protect" mode, they lose.
1
1967cougar
frdbtr wrote:
They lose when they go into prevent. In every game they have lost this year when holding a lead on the 4th quarter, as soon as they go into "lead Protect" mode, they lose.

Spot on! I mentioned this in a post a month or so ago. I have a Puke friend who does not like Gary Anderson and he told me to watch for one thing in all the USU games. If they are ahead by 10 or more somewhere in the 3rd Qtr, they will lose the game. He has been 100% correct. I was sorta excited about the game yesterday and then, in the 3rd Qtr, when it was 23-10 I said, "It doesn't matter. They will lose." And they did.



I think I could pull for the Aggies more if they didn't have an ex-Puke coach.
G
Guest
I could pull for them if they didn't have the student fan section
U
Ungoy
frdbtr wrote:
They lose when they go into prevent. In every game they have lost this year when holding a lead on the 4th quarter, as soon as they go into "lead Protect" mode, they lose.


Ala Utah in 2006...



The only thing the prevent defense does is prevent you from holding a lead and winning the game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.