Archived Topic

I can't believe we lost that game

by tmoney35 · 12/17/2011

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
Yes, there were definitely some very bright silver linings and excitement for the future, but man...I can't BELIEVE we lost that game



I can't believe we lost that game...
F
frdbtr
tmoney35 wrote:
Yes, there were definitely some very bright silver linings and excitement for the future, but man...I can't BELIEVE we lost that game



I can't believe we lost that game...


I hate it when we lose as well, but give credit to Baylor, they played really well in the second half to win that game. They kind of took it by playing better then BYU (and BYU played really well too), so it makes it easier to stomach. I usually get mostly frustrated if BYU gives a game away with poor play but in this case we got beat by a better team.
S
scott715
I think this game will make us better. We still need a signature win though.
S
SpiffCoug
I can't believe we even in that game. When a team shoots that well from the 3 line, you usually get killed.
C
CougarClaw
SpiffCoug wrote:
I can't believe we even in that game. When a team shoots that well from the 3 line, you usually get killed.


better than 50 % from the field, 3 pters and FTs... and there are so many of them that can shoot that allowed them to rotate so the altitude didn't get to them.



Perhaps most impressive that ganme was their depth. Their 2s were actually LONGER than the starters!!!
Advertisement
B
BerliNY
scott715 wrote:
I think this game will make us better. We still need a signature win though.


@Gonzaga. You heard it here first.
K
kfilly20
I can believe it. There was a stretch in the second half where Baylor was playing such good offense that there is no defense to stop it. Get it to PJ3 in the high post, he will either hit an open 15 footer, or if you come up he will go past you and score, double him and he has open shooters at both corners. The only hope was for them to not hit open shots. Unfortunately they hit them.
R
radius19
kfilly20 wrote:
I can believe it. There was a stretch in the second half where Baylor was playing such good offense that there is no defense to stop it. Get it to PJ3 in the high post, he will either hit an open 15 footer, or if you come up he will go past you and score, double him and he has open shooters at both corners. The only hope was for them to not hit open shots. Unfortunately they hit them.


Dude is 6'11" and is a great player, not much we could with him. BUT I don't think anyone should feel bad about that because he is going to be a lottery pick this year.

Disappointed in some of the mistakes made (silly, sloppy turnovers by several players and a couple of boneheaded plays) but impressed overall. I wish that they could have pulled it out there at the end but an exciting game. Carlino is going to be a freaking star in a couple years. The offense ran so smoothly with him in there, not perfectly but seems like he ran it the best out of the PGs.
B
beauso79
With Rogers we win this game. Needed someone who could hit 3's today. Zylstra was bad against good competition. He didn't provide much other than turnovers today



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
kfilly20
You have to remember that Rogers is not very good half of the time, and pretty decent the other half. Who knows how he would have played today.
Advertisement
Q
Qman
beauso79 wrote:
With Rogers we win this game. Needed someone who could hit 3's today. Zylstra was bad against good competition. He didn't provide much other than turnovers today



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


He did rebound the ball really well. But other than that he mostly made mistakes.
S
scott715
7 rebounds almost all in the first half.
S
SpiffCoug
Zylstra was afraid to shoot today. BYU needed him to step up and take shots.
B
beauso79
kfilly20 wrote:
You have to remember that Rogers is not very good half of the time, and pretty decent the other half. Who knows how he would have played today.


Rogers still has the length to alter shots on the perimeter and can hit 3's even with a man in his face due to his ability to shoot over guys. Maybe Rogers length on D slows Baylor's 3 point attack. Moving Abouo to the 2, Zylstra to the bench, and having Rogers at the 3 would have made a huge difference in this game in my humble opinion.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
SpiffCoug wrote:
Zylstra was afraid to shoot today. BYU needed him to step up and take shots.


That's the nice thing about Rogers, he's isn't afraid to take a shot even with a man in his face. We could have used him today



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Gunk
IMO, Rogers should be starting.



Needed his outside shooting today to offset Davies and Noah. We also once again got killed on perimeter defense and could have used Roger's length out there.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.