Archived Topic

Matt Carlino!!

by frdbtr · 12/17/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Yes, BYU lost but on the bright side, it looks like this kid is everything advertised. I think we need to start calling him the left hand of the devil because I thought I was watching Jimmer Fredette (left handed version). I think we have found our starting point guard.
F
frdbtr
I think if this kid is available day 1, BYU may have only 1 loss (today).
D
dank80
Adios, Cusick. See you in city league ball in a couple years.
Y
Yndian
Cusick's not bad, but Nick Martineau might never see the court again.
B
BroncoBot
cusick had a good game. Don't know why you're bagging on him



carlino's fun to watch.
Advertisement
D
dank80
Sorry. Not meaning to bag on the guy. More of a comment on Carlino. I think we'll be seeing a lot of him. I thought he did well.
C
CougarClaw
This is what happens to our team when Davies figures things out. Carlino helped for sure...



now if only we could get some of those unforced TO's back...
F
frdbtr
Cusic, Winder and Harrison are all good but not as good as Carlino. harrison and Winder are going to find themselves coming off the bench as 2's and Cusic will be Carlino's backup for his entire career.
B
BroncoBot
Carlton had some freshman errors. Soundwave been nice not to go against the #6 team to get climatized.
Y
Yndian
frdbtr wrote:
Cusic, Winder and Harrison are all good but not as good as Carlino. harrison and Winder are going to find themselves coming off the bench as 2's and Cusic will be Carlino's backup for his entire career.


Cusick's a junior, so it won't be long. Harrison hasn't played any point anyway, so Carlino won't affect his playing time at all.
Advertisement
S
scott715
He had 4 turnovers to 2 assists.
B
BYULV
scott715 wrote:
He had 4 turnovers to 2 assists.


Yeah, that's not bad for a freshman's first ever NCAA game, especially against Baylor's point guard. Throw in his 18 points and you have to say he had a great game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
scott715 wrote:
He had 4 turnovers to 2 assists.


The assist numbers will go up the more he plays in real games with the guys. He wasn't perfect but for a freshman to come out in his first start against a top 10 team and shoot as confidently as he did and knock down BIG shots. I was absolutely impressed. Even Jimmer didn't look that confident in his first few games and he wasn't playing against that caliber of opponent. Carlino is the real deal. Just needs to be consistant now, he may have taken Baylor a bit by surprise.
K
kfilly20
scott715 wrote:
He had 4 turnovers to 2 assists.


He sucks, he should have had a triple double in his first game since high school.
Q
Qman
The biggest thing is a he gives up a shot creator at the end of games and shot clock.



On that last three I though he was going to take on dribble closer and hit it.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I almost wish we would have waited a game to debut Carlino. Up until today, BYU has been a movement team on offense with everyone cutting and moving and the ball getting to the open guy through team passing. That's not how the team plays with Carlino in the game, and while we were figuring out how to play with Carlino and while Carlino figured out how to deal with full court defense, Baylor got back into the game.



Don't get me wrong--I like how the team looked once they settled in with him, but that breaking in period that started before halftime and ran into the second half was the difference in the game. Poor timing to bring in a true freshman point guard who plays differently than any other point guard on the roster.
B
Brayden Green
Ummmm. I told you so!



Carlino is the only reason we were in the game the 2nd half. Carlino is legit. Now if we only had someone that knew how to box out....
S
SpiffCoug
We boxed out for 39:38. But couldn't get the rebound with :21 left.
S
scott715
Didn't we outrebound them by 15 for the game?
B
Brayden Green
I don't think it was quite 15. And we got out bounded the second half, it seemed like.
Page 1 of 5
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.