Archived Topic

#9 Jerseys

by Kajdin · 12/16/2011

Advertisement
K
Kajdin
funny note.



I was walking through the bookstore earlier and noticed a rack full of #9 football jerseys with a big sign over them reading 75% off.



Now how they could disrespect Daniel Sorensen like that I'm not sure. ;)
S
snoscythe
I know what everyone on Daniel Sorensen's christmas list is getting this year!
M
Mingjai
Kajdin wrote:
funny note.



I was walking through the bookstore earlier and noticed a rack full of #9 football jerseys with a big sign over them reading 75% off.



Now how they could disrespect Daniel Sorensen like that I'm not sure. ;)


Or Austin Collie...
C
cougarnerd
Mingjai wrote:
funny note.



I was walking through the bookstore earlier and noticed a rack full of #9 football jerseys with a big sign over them reading 75% off.



Now how they could disrespect Daniel Sorensen like that I'm not sure. ;)


Or Austin Collie...


You're forgetting Jim McMahon.
S
scott715
How about buying one and putting it on your dog to keep him warm.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
scott715 wrote:
How about buying one and putting it on your dog to keep him warm.

Only if you want it to leave you...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
Some people (not necessarily here, but I've heard people being heckled around for wearing #9) act like Heaps is the only player to have ever worn #9, and that no one will ever wear it again. It's not like they're personalized or anything. Years back, people bought Unga's #45, and now who wears that number? A little known linebacker named Tyler Beck. Just because a hack wore #9 this season, and I'm not referring to Sorensen isn't reason to invalidate all jerseys sporting that number. If they displayed Heaps' name, then yes, blow them out and get rid of them. The number means little, because another player will come along and wear it and be awesome.
S
scott715
Buy them all and put them in storage until we get another great at #9.
G
Guest
It's actually pretty common for Nike to discount the heck out of a Jersey # when they don't think anyone who will be a fan favorite will be wearing it next year.
U
Ungoy
hawkwing wrote:
It's actually pretty common for Nike to discount the heck out of a Jersey # when they don't think anyone who will be a fan favorite will be wearing it next year.


That I can understand. I don't understand people heckling other people who are wearing no.9 like it's the mark of the beast or something to that effect. Again, nothing against anyone here. Just a few out in the world observations.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Ungoy wrote:
It's actually pretty common for Nike to discount the heck out of a Jersey # when they don't think anyone who will be a fan favorite will be wearing it next year.


That I can understand. I don't understand people heckling other people who are wearing no.9 like it's the mark of the beast or something to that effect. Again, nothing against anyone here. Just a few out in the world observations.


Yeah, I can't comment on that, because I haven't seen anyone doing it, but if I had the misfortune of having this year's #9 Jersey and people were taunting me I'd say I bought it for Sorensen.
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
It's actually pretty common for Nike to discount the heck out of a Jersey # when they don't think anyone who will be a fan favorite will be wearing it next year.


That I can understand. I don't understand people heckling other people who are wearing no.9 like it's the mark of the beast or something to that effect. Again, nothing against anyone here. Just a few out in the world observations.


Yeah, I can't comment on that, because I haven't seen anyone doing it, but if I had the misfortune of having this year's #9 Jersey and people were taunting me I'd say I bought it for Sorensen.

I think that Sorensen was the only "reason" that they sold the number, I think tha thtey only sell the number of a senior and I think that it has something to d owith the NCAA regulation about not capitalizing on the popularity of a player while he is still a student, but this is all just a suspision
U
Ungoy
ABYUFAN wrote:
Ungoy wrote:
It's actually pretty common for Nike to discount the heck out of a Jersey # when they don't think anyone who will be a fan favorite will be wearing it next year.


That I can understand. I don't understand people heckling other people who are wearing no.9 like it's the mark of the beast or something to that effect. Again, nothing against anyone here. Just a few out in the world observations.


Yeah, I can't comment on that, because I haven't seen anyone doing it, but if I had the misfortune of having this year's #9 Jersey and people were taunting me I'd say I bought it for Sorensen.

I think that Sorensen was the only "reason" that they sold the number, I think tha thtey only sell the number of a senior and I think that it has something to d owith the NCAA regulation about not capitalizing on the popularity of a player while he is still a student, but this is all just a suspision


Decent theory, except that Daniel Sorensen is a sophomore this season... A few years back they were selling #45, and Unga was a junor.
U
Ungoy
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
It's actually pretty common for Nike to discount the heck out of a Jersey # when they don't think anyone who will be a fan favorite will be wearing it next year.


That I can understand. I don't understand people heckling other people who are wearing no.9 like it's the mark of the beast or something to that effect. Again, nothing against anyone here. Just a few out in the world observations.


Yeah, I can't comment on that, because I haven't seen anyone doing it, but if I had the misfortune of having this year's #9 Jersey and people were taunting me I'd say I bought it for Sorensen.


I'd either say that, or that I bought it a few years back when Collie was playing. :)
M
Magnus Ver Magnusson
Uh anyone know what the actual price was at 75% off? I love BYU football, but I love a good deal just as much. I'd get a #9 jersey and wear it with pride in the coming years...
Advertisement
U
Ungoy
If 75% off is an accurate figure, the jerseys should be going for roughly $15-20. Regular on a jersey is usually about $60 or so. Although at the beginning of the season, I believe the #9 were going for about $70 or so.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.