Archived Topic

Sometimes you have to believe

by EM_Puma · 12/11/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Just a side note to the BYU/Puktah game.



Sometimes when the scalper says your tickets are "really good" it is possible that they actually are.



My son and I went to the game today and had to scalp some tickets. The first guy we go to offers us tickets for $35/piece and says that they are great seats. I've heard that so often and then been disappointed. I said, "Please....I'll find someone who has some tickets to for a reasonable price." He stops me and says, "How much are you willing to pay?" I told him I'm only paying $15." He countered with $20, but I started to walk away again and he said, "Okay".



They were center court (section ZZ seats 1 & 2) 12 rows up from the floor. Wow. Best $15 tickets I ever brought. The only downside was that I was surrounded by the several Puktah "red" hairs. The older couple beside me asked, "Did Dr. X give you his tickets for the game?" I felt bad saying they ended up in the hands of a scalper as to not betray the original owner, but this was a first where the tickets REALLY were "good".



Most of the fans were okay, except the two obnoxious ones directly behind us that kept staying very stupid things just to keep up the Pukes reputation of being the MOST obnoxious fans on the face of this earth. This was the least amount of fans I ever saw attending a BYU/Utah game. The announced attendance of 10K seemed a bit exaggerated.



I want to say that the Puktah band and MUSS, with their intention of attempting to drown out the ability of the BYU team, on time outs, to be able to hear themselves talk in their tight team circle is the most classless and unsportsman-like act I've ever seen opposing fans do.
S
SpiffCoug
There were maybe 6,000 fans there and probably a 50/50 split. I was actually how surprised at how many Ute fans made it out.



There was no MUSS at the game. There was an USS - but there was nothing mighty about it. There may have been 100 of them and some of those were likely in the band and wearing the same shirts as the USS.
E
EM_Puma
SpiffCoug wrote:
There were maybe 6,000 fans there and probably a 50/50 split. I was actually how surprised at how many Ute fans made it out.



There was no MUSS at the game. There was an USS - but there was nothing mighty about it. There may have been 100 of them and some of those were likely in the band and wearing the same shirts as the USS.


Two things though that came to my attention was that there were very few of the MUSS there, but those 100 really made some noise. They had some kind of noise maker in their hands. Also, of the few fans that were there, they stayed even up to the end. I was hoping they would check out sooner to help with any traffic in leaving the game, but they stayed to the bitter end.



I would agree on your 50/50 split of fans.
C
craigoscarson
It's comical that the MUSS won't have another shot at our hoops team for 2 years. By that time, they'll have a new coach and about 6-7 total wins in that span. Basically, there won't be one by that time.
J
JamieVallen
SpiffCoug wrote:
There were maybe 6,000 fans there and probably a 50/50 split. I was actually how surprised at how many Ute fans made it out.



There was no MUSS at the game. There was an USS - but there was nothing mighty about it. There may have been 100 of them and some of those were likely in the band and wearing the same shirts as the USS.

I was a bit surprised at how loud those probably 100 got at times though.... Good seeing you after the game though, it's been a while.



As for our seats they were Portal Z, not ZZ so I was really really surprised we got those tickest for that price, but that was awesome! and those Utah fans were just soooooo happy that we didn't cover the 40+ point spread that they had predicted.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.