Archived Topic

Today's "Big" Games

by Mars · 10/31/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars


N.C. State-Florida State

Cincy-Syracuse

Indiana-Iowa

Mississippi-Auburn

Southern Miss-Houston

SJSU-Boise State

Cal-Arizona State

Georgia-Florida

Central Michigan-Boston College

Miami-Wake Forest

Kansas-Texas Tech

Air Force-CSU

UNLV-TCU

Penn State-Northwestern

Kansas State-Oklahoma

Georgia Tech-Vanderbilt

South Carolina-Tennessee

Texas-Oklahoma State

Wyoming-Utah

USC-Oregon
K
kiwibacon
#4 Iowa is currently being EXPOSED by Indiana. Middle of the 3rd Quarter and Indiana leads 21-7.
G
Gunk
kiwibacon wrote:
#4 Iowa is currently being EXPOSED by Indiana. Middle of the 3rd Quarter and Indiana leads 21-7.


Not so fast, Iowa is coming back...
S
snoscythe
Gunk wrote:
#4 Iowa is currently being EXPOSED by Indiana. Middle of the 3rd Quarter and Indiana leads 21-7.


Not so fast, Iowa is coming back...


While I think Iowa is overrated, at least they have enough fight in them to come back from 10+ down.....
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
kiwibacon wrote:
#4 Iowa is currently being EXPOSED by Indiana. Middle of the 3rd Quarter and Indiana leads 21-7.


Not so fast, Iowa is coming back...


While I think Iowa is overrated, at least they have enough fight in them to come back from 10+ down.....


ouch. That smarts.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
USC gets absolutely shellacked by the Ducks, who will now jump BSU, which is absolutely ridiculous. (Isn't this Pete Caroll's worst loss at USC ever?)
S
scott715
Any USC loss is a good thing.
B
BroncoBot
Here's the question though Schmoe, Do you really think that if BSU was playing the same schedule that Oregon has this year that their records at the end of the year would be equal? I have a hard time swallowing that one. But, BSU did beat Oregon and no matter what argument is used, I believe BSU should stay ahead of Oregon in the polls.



I hate the polls and the entire system. :evil: :evil: :evil:
S
Schmoe
declocoug wrote:
Here's the question though Schmoe, Do you really think that if BSU was playing the same schedule that Oregon has this year that their records at the end of the year would be equal? I have a hard time swallowing that one. But, BSU did beat Oregon and no matter what argument is used, I believe BSU should stay ahead of Oregon in the polls.



I hate the polls and the entire system. :evil: :evil: :evil:


That's the problem, the system is full of bias and will never be consistent. BSU has a cake schedule and squeaked by Fresno and Tulsa (relatively), but they did win. But, they also made Oregon look like a JV squad (I think Oregon did that more to themselves, but whatever...). Ultimately though, BSU beat Oregon and is undefeated, they don't play the same schedule so we'll never know how each one would fare vs the other schedule (maybe Oregon would lose to Fresno and Tulsa, who knows?). So, I think you have to keep BSU ahead of Oregon (and TCU ahead of BSU ;) ).
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
(Isn't this Pete Caroll's worst loss at USC ever?)
Yes. USC's worst since 1997.



Of course, we lost by a worse margin in our last game.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
(Isn't this Pete Caroll's worst loss at USC ever?)
Yes. USC's worst since 1997.



Of course, we lost by a worse margin in our last game.


Yes, I'm aware that we did. I'm still not sure how that ties in with Pete Caroll and USC...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.