Archived Topic

Cool article on Jabari Parker

by HoosierCougar · 12/9/2011

Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
I enjoyed reading this - I agree, he could have a great career at BYU.
B
beauso79
This kid would make such a good fit at BYU. He could shine/start right away for our team. I think we really have to advance pretty far in the NCAA tourny this year to improve our chances of getting him. Pope really needs to prove he can mentor/coach big men as well this year. It appears he's doing a great job with Austin and Noah but not sure what's going on with Davies. No matter where he goes, even BYU, he's a sure fire lottery pick. Just hope he takes a page out of the book of Jimmer and realizes that even BYU can be a place where a star can actually shine brighter.
G
Gunk
Another deep run in the tourney would do wonders for us.



I am not sure, but perhaps due to his dismissal from the team, maybe Davies didn't get as much practice time with Pope.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
Awesome article. But about Davies...I think he has been a bit overhyped. He's never had elite moves down low or much explosion off the ground. He is an average offensive player who gets 11/game and some nights will shine and get 22. But he's the best big we've had since Hafa so we all expect a whole lot from him. I'm just excited that Austin and Hartsock are playing so well. Had we this frontcourt either of the last 2 years we'd have been playing in the final four.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
mizzoucoug wrote:
Awesome article. But about Davies...I think he has been a bit overhyped. He's never had elite moves down low or much explosion off the ground. He is an average offensive player who gets 11/game and some nights will shine and get 22. But he's the best big we've had since Hafa so we all expect a whole lot from him. I'm just excited that Austin and Hartsock are playing so well. Had we this frontcourt either of the last 2 years we'd have been playing in the final four.

Word. I don't remember Davies dominating teams last year. He's still very much a project.
S
scott715
What postion does he play? 3, 4? Would he be Hartsock replacement?
B
BYULV
scott715 wrote:
What postion does he play? 3, 4? Would he be Hartsock replacement?


Actually I think he is a 2, 3, only taller.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
scott715 wrote:
What postion does he play? 3, 4? Would he be Hartsock replacement?


He's listed as a small forward so he'd probably play the 4 in our system. In Rose's system it's always nice to have more guys at each position that can handle the ball well. Hartsock will be gone this year and I don't think Parker would come aboard until '13 - '14 as I believe he's a JR this year in High School. We definitely need another 4 for next year though. Hopefully we can find one in the J.C. ranks somewhere.
Q
Qman
Most people think he will be a 3 in the pros some day. I expect he could play 2,3 or 4 in college.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.