Archived Topic

Bottom Five and other Miscellany

by BoiseBYU · 12/8/2011

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Well, here's where I put the lowest common denominators



5. Hair Thompson--he thought he was clever in machinating it so that BYU could not go to the WAC. BYU joined the WCC which is a better BB conference than the WAC...And now Hair has Nevada, HI and Fresno joining while SDSU and BSU leave. So, under the Hair, he has watched BYU, Utah, TCU, SDSU and BSU leave and the above named schools join. Pretty sure the Hair is balding....



4. BCS--a system that picks as its second choice NC team a team that lost its division, lost its conference, and even lost to the team it is set to play, yet excludes the seventh-ranked team in the nation from playing in any BCS game is a system that is rotten to the core. I love college football, but I have NO interest in watching field goal II.



3. SDSU--no team (and by this I include administrators, coaches, fans, and broadcasters) has a Cougar complex more than these guys. I only need to say two words: Jenny Aztec



2. New Mexico--team gave up over 500 points and scored under 200...That means they lost their games by an average of 30+ points. That is simply hard to fathom.



1. Penn State--fine football team, but the university has utterly shamed itself in covering up and hiding a hideous monster and vile harm.



Honorable mentions--Kansas really stunk it up. So did Minnesota and Colorado. But that pales into insignficance with NM's accomplishments. Coaches were not far behind! OK underachieved (again). AZ and ASU both looked and played pathetically for large parts of the season and their coaches are history. Finally, UT gets the award for lsoing to the worst team, losing to CO. Close because UNLV lost to NM, but the disparity is much greater in the UT-CO game. AND if I did a Bottom Five for BB UT would be ranked number one!
G
Gunk
The basketball forum would gladly welcome a "Bottom Five and other Miscellany" weekly post. ;)
D
Dcr36
BoiseBYU wrote:
Well, here's where I put the lowest common denominators



5. Hair Thompson--he thought he was clever in machinating it so that BYU could not go to the WAC. BYU joined the WCC which is a better BB conference than the WAC...And now Hair has Nevada, HI and Fresno joining while SDSU and BSU leave. So, under the Hair, he has watched BYU, Utah, TCU, SDSU and BSU leave and the above named schools join. Pretty sure the Hair is balding....


I know that virtually every MWC team, past and present, thinks BYU's a bunch of arrogant snobs. But it did my heart good yesterday to see SDSU and BSU say they were leaving the conference for our main reason - the MWC's inability to provide exposure.



The MWC went from being a conference with TCU, BSU, Utah and BYU at the top. Now they've got AFA and Wyoming. Based on any reasonably recent measure, that's a huge drop-off - and the Mtn is a big reason for that.
B
BoiseBYU
Gunk wrote:
The basketball forum would gladly welcome a "Bottom Five and other Miscellany" weekly post. ;)

Well, maybe I will. Sometimes I wonder if this is all a waste of electrons....But bombs away! I do know this much: Utah is number one and the San Diego Christian Society of Brotherhood or whoever they are has to be considered number 2 because while they lost to the Utes by 3, the Utes are BIG TIME PAC 12 participants ;)
G
Guest
BoiseBYU wrote:
The basketball forum would gladly welcome a "Bottom Five and other Miscellany" weekly post. ;)

Well, maybe I will. Sometimes I wonder if this is all a waste of electrons....But bombs away! I do know this much: Utah is number one and the San Diego Christian Society of Brotherhood or whoever they are has to be considered number 2 because while they lost to the Utes by 3, the Utes are BIG TIME PAC 12 participants ;)


I admit that I look forward to this post every day! It's like Christmas comes weekly.



I just don't know what in the world you'd talk about in the bottom 5 in the basketball forum... *cough* *cough* :utard:
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
hawkwing wrote:
Gunk wrote:
The basketball forum would gladly welcome a "Bottom Five and other Miscellany" weekly post. ;)

Well, maybe I will. Sometimes I wonder if this is all a waste of electrons....But bombs away! I do know this much: Utah is number one and the San Diego Christian Society of Brotherhood or whoever they are has to be considered number 2 because while they lost to the Utes by 3, the Utes are BIG TIME PAC 12 participants ;)


I admit that I look forward to this post every day! It's like Christmas comes weekly.



I just don't know what in the world you'd talk about in the bottom 5 in the basketball forum... *cough* *cough* :utard:

How about why Jake Heaps should not transfer to BB since he has proven to hit very long threes (at least with a football) ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.