Archived Topic

My Questions for Jake Heaps

by Y12 · 12/8/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y12
"Brigham Young Cougars quarterback Jake Heaps publicly announced that he would transfer from BYU this month. Heaps released a statement that he would not do any more interviews for at least a week. If I could, here is what I would ask him."



http://www.bluecougarfootball.com/2011/12/my-questions-for-jake-heaps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
SpiffCoug
Y12, one of your better blog posts.



A few questions I might add:

What good are you going to take with you from your time at BYU?

What were some of your highlights?

Knowing now how things played out, would you still have come to BYU?

Who you have done anything differently?
B
BYUNLVFAN
Jake, what could you have done better to endear yourself to your teammates and coaches?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)

Uh-oh, I sense a dmcougar rant coming. ;)
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
snoscythe wrote:
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)


Just what BYU's Board of Trustees wondered...
B
BroncoBot
SenorCougar wrote:
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)


Just what BYU's Board of Trustees wondered...

I'd like to know what you mean by that Senorcougar.
D
DarthMagnus
Not sure I agree with the last question about decision making. Michael Vick, for example was a pretty great NFL qb. Did he have good decision making skills? The list could go on...
D
Dcr36
DarthMagnus wrote:
Not sure I agree with the last question about decision making. Michael Vick, for example was a pretty great NFL qb. Did he have good decision making skills? The list could go on...


I see your point - I'm not sure there's a huge correlation between on-the-field decision making and off-the-field decision making - but Michael Vick is probably not the best example.



He's sucked this year and always has the potential to suck, and a lot of that has to do with bad in-game decisions.
B
blueblooded
declocoug wrote:
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)

Uh-oh, I sense a dmcougar rant coming. ;)




{Mod edit: to remove personal attack.]
Advertisement
T
trueblue72
blueblooded wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)

Uh-oh, I sense a dmcougar rant coming. ;)




{Mod edit: to remove personal attack.]


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH (Breath) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Tears streaming down face)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- Stomach cramps.





That's funny.
C
Cougs_Rule
blueblooded wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)

Uh-oh, I sense a dmcougar rant coming. ;)




{Mod edit: to remove personal attack.]


Actually, Little Sister, and Bib2 is our estranged father. :D
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Are you the suckiest suck who ever sucked? ;)

Uh-oh, I sense a dmcougar rant coming. ;)




{Mod edit: to remove personal attack.]


Actually, Little Sister, and Bib2 is our estranged father. :D


I am pretty sure dm is not Heap's mother. ANd although I led a wild youth - I am not likely his father, but Freemale over on Cougarblue has just about got to be his mother - or a Ute Troll. The Little Sissies post over there on occasion as well. Man that site has gone to pot. Oneof our old friends hangs out there for some reason, but they had something good and killed it over there. DM is a cnfessed pot stirrer - not a Ute Troll and not anyone's mother. Last year I got myself in HEAPS of trouble for suggesting that someone was Jakes littel sister. I got a permanent ban from the Jake Heaps bandwagon. Well, I guess nothing is permanent. YOu can buy that bandwagonnow for under $1 - the whole bandwagon. I digress.



But DM has also confessed that he has a personal dislike for Riley. I gotta start to wonder now, if DM has some kind of tie to USU. Lots of Aggies have a personal dislike for Riley. DM is an upstanding guy - and I trust that DM will confess his USU ties - or if he has no such ties - take this opportunity or a completley sdedicated thread to spell out why he has a personal issue with Riley and then the other folks that have also expressed simialr feelings can get that off their chests.



I don't know RIley or Jake - but maybe this is a chance to get to know Riley better now that he is our guy.



BTW - I still have some open seats on the Riley bandwagon. And, I will post a true confession thread that will make it clear why I supported RIley since before Jake arrived and why I wished Jake had stayed. It may also make it clear why I am now OK that Jake is leaving - even though I wish and would have advised him to stay.
D
DarthMagnus
Dcr36 wrote:
Not sure I agree with the last question about decision making. Michael Vick, for example was a pretty great NFL qb. Did he have good decision making skills? The list could go on...


I see your point - I'm not sure there's a huge correlation between on-the-field decision making and off-the-field decision making - but Michael Vick is probably not the best example.



He's sucked this year and always has the potential to suck, and a lot of that has to do with bad in-game decisions.


I was just using him as an example of a pro level qb who makes notoriously bad personal decisions. He is only one of many.
Y
Y12
SpiffCoug wrote:
Y12, one of your better blog posts.



A few questions I might add:

What good are you going to take with you from your time at BYU?

What were some of your highlights?

Knowing now how things played out, would you still have come to BYU?

Who you have done anything differently?


Thanks.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Realizing that if Heaps had been successful, according to his plans, he probably would have left after his Junior year makes his leaving really of no consequence to me. He would have been gone after next year anyway and we would be in the same QB quandry.



Nelson will be very successful next year, as he has been this year, so things look very bright indeed. Another ten win season! The only huge downer was the :utard: game. Any bets on how that turns out next year with a gutty QB leading the charge? I'm guessing something like we saw with Beck and Hall in their senior years.



I don't have the stats, but I wonder what BYU's record against Utah is when a senior QB is starting. I bet it's pretty good. Hall, Beck, Doman, Sarkisian, Detmer, Boscoe, Young, McMahon--didn't they all win that game as Senior QBs?



Good times are coming.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.