D
Dcr36There's a lot of talk about getting rid of automatic qualifiers altogether. I have mixed feelings about that; it could have some good consequences (no more crappy Big East or ACC teams in BCS bowls) and bad ones (4 SEC teams in BCS bowls, could make it harder for BYU to schedule).
Regardless, though, I have a question - if AQs go away, is there any chance that bowl tie-ins could be eliminated or at least greatly retooled? One thing I WOULD like about AQ elimination is I think we'd see more 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, etc. in BCS bowls, and it'd be nice if that was somewhat reflected in the other bowls as well.
Obviously, there's factors like geography that would have to be taken into consideration. But stuff like #7 BSU vs. 6-6 ASU is just ridiculous. It would be nice if, whether you were the #1 team in football that year, or the 55th, your post-season would be a reflection of that.
Regardless, though, I have a question - if AQs go away, is there any chance that bowl tie-ins could be eliminated or at least greatly retooled? One thing I WOULD like about AQ elimination is I think we'd see more 1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, etc. in BCS bowls, and it'd be nice if that was somewhat reflected in the other bowls as well.
Obviously, there's factors like geography that would have to be taken into consideration. But stuff like #7 BSU vs. 6-6 ASU is just ridiculous. It would be nice if, whether you were the #1 team in football that year, or the 55th, your post-season would be a reflection of that.

