Archived Topic

Who else thinks Foote should get more carries his SR year?

by Bluma · 12/7/2011

Advertisement
B
Bluma
He has 21 carries for 199 yards over his career (close to 10 yards per). Most of of the defenders on those plays were against backups, but so were his blockers. If everyone can do that against backups, why don' t they? With JJ and Kariya gone next year I think he should get the ball more. Mix him up with Juice and Alisa while the younger guys get broken in slowly.
W
Wickchad
Foote has gotten screwed out of TD's twice. Once last season and then against Hawaii he broke long runs and got tackled within the 5 yard line. Both times Bronco elected to kneel out the clock instead of letting Foote finish out the drive.
S
Schmoe
Man, it sucks to have coaches with class who don't run up the score.
N
nogbody
I've thought the same thing... Half of it could be just garbage time, so defensive players aren't "playing as hard" But I don't necessarily buy that. He seems to always have a solid per carry average as the original poster indicated. and when I say solid, I mean huge. I'm too lazy to look him up... Is he a junior? One year left? he should get some more PT hopefully next year.
I
Isola
Schmoe wrote:
Man, it sucks to have coaches with class who don't run up the score.

I know it is considered the classy thing to do, but I also don't really have a problem with letting the backups play. There are a finite number of snaps in a college player's career and a lot of the players in garbage time may only see play during garbage time. Take Foote as an example. He has gotten 21 carries in his career, and I am not sure how many he will get next year. Taking the knee 4 times could cost him 10% of his career carries.



I kind of figure the other team signed up to play 60 minutes, so play 60 minutes. I'm not suggesting trick plays of deep bombs, but for a lot of players it could be their last shot at playing the game, so let them play.



As for the original post, I would like to see Foote get more carries next year. I think Alisa should be Option 1, Quezada Option 2(assuming he stays), with Foote Option 3 and Hine OPtion 4. That is for RB. I assume Pritchard and Nelson will get some carries too.
Advertisement
K
KYCoug
Isola wrote:
Man, it sucks to have coaches with class who don't run up the score.

I kind of figure the other team signed up to play 60 minutes, so play 60 minutes. I'm not suggesting trick plays of deep bombs, but for a lot of players it could be their last shot at playing the game, so let them play.


I never played college but was a tall skinny defensive end in High School who was often in for garbage time at the end of games. I was always upset when a team took a knee no matter where on the field. That was my time to get in there and play and was as meaningful to me as any other point in the game. My attitude was I don't care if my team is getting blown away and the ball is on the 5 and there's 20 seconds left. You ain't gona get a touchdown over me! Come On! Bring It! To me scoring a touchdown at that point is with the second and third team on the field is different than a onside kick or a trick play meant to showboat or embarrass the loosing team. I understand the coach would have a different perspective though.
B
beauso79
With he way Hine has performed on the Scout team I could see he, Alisa, and Pritchard carrying the bulk of the load next yea. Assuming Pritchard is healthy enough. Hine should give us a speed back that we sorely need as a change of pace. We really need to a guy that can actually outrun the defense instead of getting snagged from behind ala JJ
K
kfilly20
Schmoe wrote:
Man, it sucks to have coaches with class who don't run up the score.


I don't understand how it is not more demoralizing having a team do everything they can not to score on you than it is for them to just play like they normally would. I have just never understood this.
S
Sammich
Foote's effectiveness and limited playing time makes you wonder whether he is a bad blocker or something---so he's great against the backups because the coaches aren't game-planning for him, but with more playing time he'd be easy to defend because if he's in you know he's getting the ball. Another possibility is that he's got brick hands.
B
byufan4ever
I agree that Foote should get some carries although I think Hine is ready to step in too. It'll be nice to have Alisa, Juice, Foote, and Hine...and maybe Drew Phillips, he's still on the team, right...?



And I also totally agree about letting subs play meaningful snaps until the last whistle. If the other team doesn't like it, then why not try to stop them?
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Yes - he seems fast
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Yes - he seems fast

He seems to be one of the few RBs who can get to the edge and turn the corner. I want to see if he can do that against some starting defenses.
A
a1247
byufan4ever wrote:
I agree that Foote should get some carries although I think Hine is ready to step in too. It'll be nice to have Alisa, Juice, Foote, and Hine...and maybe Drew Phillips, he's still on the team, right...?



And I also totally agree about letting subs play meaningful snaps until the last whistle. If the other team doesn't like it, then why not try to stop them?




Phillips is gone I thought.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
I would like to see Foote get some touches. Runs hard, breaks tackles and has a burst.



He's a good ST player as well.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.