Archived Topic

I contacted BYU about this guy nearly 2 years ago

by craigoscarson · 12/7/2011

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/57335/dennis-tinnon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



JUCO transfer from kansas city that averaged nearly 20 rebounds a game. He's married and would have had little problem with the honor code. He was playing as an undersized 5 but can jump out of the gym and run like a deer. The issue is that he doesn't have a game outside of 10 feet. But what he does do is exactly what BYU needed. A shutdown defender at the 4 that can run and tear down the rim.



With Dennis, we're undefeated right now and in the top 20. Without him, we have a gimp Chris Collinsworth and Nick Martineau wasting a scholarship.



I love Dave Rose, but I hate that they don't look to the JUCO ranks to find defense and rebounding.



He ended up at Marshall, nowhere near his former hometown in Wisconsin and having spoken to him several times, he would have considered BYU if they had shown any interest.
A
AZman
I like your thinking. BYU does need to hit up the JUCO ranks more for size, rebounding and defense because Provo High can only crank out so many 6'9 offensive machines. I'm with you and would like to hear who else BYU should target for the future.
G
Gunk
I'm in favor of JUCO transfers. Isn't Rogers a transfer?



Cleveland got BYU up and running off of transfers. If there's a hole, transfers are an easy way to fill it rather than waiting for a player to get back from a mission and hoping they can put back together.



Martineau is eating up space on the bench, especially with Winder emerging as the team's best PG right now, Cusic as a solid backup and Carlino in the wings.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
This guy is averaging 10.8 PPG and 9.2 RPG for Marshall - Imagine if we were getting this production from our current 4/PF.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.