Archived Topic

Boycott the BCS 1 & 2 Game

by hawkwing · 12/6/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
I will not be watching the BCS Bowl game in which they pit their #1 and #2 ranked schools against each other. Nor will I refer to it as a national championship game. I urge everyone to follow me in boycotting this game. Let our dissent be heard!



Sign your name to the Boycott list.
R
rblack
I for one am boycotting all BCS Games. The system is broken. It needs to be scrapped. Not to mention the fact that if you are not a BCS team, you can have a great season, finish 7th in the nation and not play in a major bowl game in favor of the 11th and 12th team.
U
Ungoy
I won't be watching any BCS game this year. Massively disappointing. Stupid, broken (never working) system. The (not)NC game is beyond lame, and the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl are garbage as well. Selections this year (and most other years) are absolutely asinine.
S
scott715
I don't think I have seen any of the 1 vs 2 games. I will watch the Rose bowl with Oregon. I have seen almost all of the Rose bowls and attended UCLA-Illinois blowout. Just realized that is a rematch this year after 28 years ago. Now I am aging myself.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rose_Bowl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Slick Rick was the QB and someone hacked the scoreboard and changed the teams to Cal Tech and MIT. He got college credit for doing it.
C
cougarnerd
Boise St finished ranked 7 in BCS polls. I thought that any non-BCS team should be invited to a BCS bowl if they finished in the top-12, or top-16 if ahead of a BCS conference champion...?



It's stupid. They lost to TCU (their only loss this year), and because of that (even though they were top-10), they got shafted.



I hate the current system, too. Half the teams that will be playing in one of those games would probably lose to Boise St, in most locations. Almost all of them would lose on the blue turf.



p.s. What would happen if a non-BCS team had one loss, but finished ranked #3?
Advertisement
S
scott715
Same story. They would probably get an at large bid. Too much of a black eye at #3.
H
HoosierCougar
Yeah, I already saw that game. SPOILER ALERT: It ends 9-6 in overtime after the home team misses 4 FGs in regulation.



If you like defense, not a bad game. But not good enough to watch twice.
D
Dcr36
As a student I get bowl season off. I try to watch as many bowls as possible. I'm contemplating making a goal to watch every bowl game except for the NC and Sugar Bowl games.



Bama vs. LSU isn't a bad game, and it may very well be #1 vs. #2 - but I'm boycotting because there needs to be, at the very least, a +1 game.



Sugar Bowl took VT. Completely unacceptable.



I'm boycotting UCLA too, bowling with a losing record. They stole a bid from Western Kentucky - who suck, may no mistake - and this would've been their first bowl ever.
S
SpiffCoug
cougarnerd wrote:
Boise St finished ranked 7 in BCS polls. I thought that any non-BCS team should be invited to a BCS bowl if they finished in the top-12, or top-16 if ahead of a BCS conference champion...?



It's stupid. They lost to TCU (their only loss this year), and because of that (even though they were top-10), they got shafted.



I hate the current system, too. Half the teams that will be playing in one of those games would probably lose to Boise St, in most locations. Almost all of them would lose on the blue turf.



p.s. What would happen if a non-BCS team had one loss, but finished ranked #3?

The non-AQ auto qual is only for teams that win their conference. Boise could have been #3 in the BCS, but because they didn't win the MWC they wouldn't have gone.
N
nogbody
yep, not watching. BC$ is bad, umm kay. Plus it's a re-run. Who wants to watch that?
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
I'm not going to make a stand over some disagreement with the BCS. There's some good games coming up and I'll watch them cuz it's better than doing housework or shopping for gifts.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Ungoy wrote:
I won't be watching any BCS game this year. Massively disappointing. Stupid, broken (never working) system. The (not)NC game is beyond lame, and the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl are garbage as well. Selections this year (and most other years) are absolutely asinine.


This
B
BerliNY
I won't boycott the game but I can't promise I'll still be awake after the 1st quarter.
Y
Y4LYFE
BYUtv should air lots of 1984 and 1996 BYU games during BcS bowl times.
Y
Yndian
I usually only watch the one with a non-AQ team, so I'll probably pass on them all this year.
Advertisement
Y
Y12
Count me in, or is it out?



BOOOO to the BCS.



VT should be outlawed from BCS bowls. Even when they are the conf. champ they get blown out. Well, Clemson exposed them in the ACC Champ game, but they still get a BCS bid. STUPID.
J
JamieVallen
My buckeyes aren't in so I'm okay with boycotting.... Only problem is my Mounties are still in a bcs bowl...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
SpiffCoug wrote:
Boise St finished ranked 7 in BCS polls. I thought that any non-BCS team should be invited to a BCS bowl if they finished in the top-12, or top-16 if ahead of a BCS conference champion...?



It's stupid. They lost to TCU (their only loss this year), and because of that (even though they were top-10), they got shafted.



I hate the current system, too. Half the teams that will be playing in one of those games would probably lose to Boise St, in most locations. Almost all of them would lose on the blue turf.



p.s. What would happen if a non-BCS team had one loss, but finished ranked #3?

The non-AQ auto qual is only for teams that win their conference. Boise could have been #3 in the BCS, but because they didn't win the MWC they wouldn't have gone.


The irony is that if they had stayed in the WAC, playing TCU out of conference and losing, they would have won their conference, been ranked the same, but would have gone to a BCS bowl game. I hate the bcs system, but somehow find it amusing that BSU got the short stick after their conference hopping. Unfortunately for them, it will likely end up with more BCS disappointment in the big east.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarClaw
I'm in. No BCS games.



come on Hawk. Get on Twitter and facebook. Make this happen.
K
KingCoug
Boycotting? People need to go to prison. Starting with Bill Hancock. Then all the officials of the 5 BCS bowls. Then the commissioners of the BCS conferences. And then at least the athletic directors of all the BCS schools as un-indicted co-conspirators.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.