Archived Topic

Heaps' greatest moments at BYU

by hawkwing · 12/6/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
So Heaps is gone, and he has been polarizing. But we can appreciate what he did while he was here.



What are some of your favorite memories of Jake Heaps?



I'm asking everyone to leave this thread as positive memories of Jake Heaps play on the field only.



Here are a few of mine...



TD pass to Falslev where he ducked out of a sack and moved up in the pocket was a thing of beauty.



At the New Mexico Bowl game, he had a spectacular throw to a streaking Luke Ashworth in the corner of the endzone.



There have been 2 or 3 just gorgeous Apo TD passes this year too.
F
frdbtr
the entire CSU game last year was beautiful to watch. It was his coming out party.
U
Ungoy
I know I said I'm taking off for a bit, but I'm going to try and let cooler heads prevail and stick around a bit longer...



My two favorite memories:



The flea flicker to Luke Ashworth against CSU



The 1st down TD bomb to Cody Hoffman after the turnover against UTEP in the New Mexico Bowl.
M
MTM
I was impressed by his performance against Utah last year.



A freshman, in a huge rivalry game, in a hostile environment. I thought he handled himself really well especially that last drive.



Then he played well in the bowl game.



Something strange happened to him between the end of last season and the beginning of this one.
J
jonnylingo
MTM wrote:
I was impressed by his performance against Utah last year.


This. Something happened to him between the this/the bowl game and this year.



Wish him the best.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Hawkwing took my TD to Falsev. That wasn't his last play but it was the last TD that he threw for us and I will always remember that play.
C
Cougs_Rule
I'll just say it so some of you won't have to; so we can spew on this thread like all the others.



Answer: Yesterday, the day he announced he was leaving.....err......"quitting."
C
Cougs_Rule
[quote="hawkwing"]So Heaps is gone, and he has been polarizing. But we can appreciate what he did while he was here.



Yep there it is again. A subtle dig at Jake while remembering the good stuff. Next we're going to hear is that its Jake's fault that OC blew up. After all, OC did say that to coach right? "Jake's the problem, not me." Or whatever OC said. Maybe OC was right!



Question: If it takes two to tango, does it take two poles to polarize? Just curious.
S
Sammich
Jake's pocket presence toward the end of last year was impressive, he almost looked like a senior in the way he shifted around to compensate for movement of the defensive line. If he can ever get that back he is going to be very good.
F
frdbtr
dmcougar wrote:
I'll just say it so some of you won't have to; so we can spew on this thread like all the others.



Answer: Yesterday, the day he announced he was leaving.....err......"quitting."


Dude, this thread is supposed to remain positive.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I politely asked for this thread to be devoid of negativity. I will ask again. This thread is to remember the good times we had with Jake Heaps. If that is something you are incapable of doing, please find other threads to post on. Thank you.
C
Cougs_Rule
Should we break down the word negativity or polarizing?
D
Dcr36
On the field - like people have mentioned, the touchdown pass to Falslev. That was his last TD pass as a Cougar, huh?



Off the field - Assuming most of them stick around, I'm always going to be thankful for the recruits he helped bring in.
V
vancouvercougar
I loved the flea flicker to Ashworth at CSU. It was the only game I attended in person last year and it was a lot of fun. Jake looked like he was haveing fun the whole game.



I won't be dissing Heaps the way I did Ben Olsen. I wish Jake would be here for more great memories, but now wish him well where ever he goes.
S
SpiffCoug
The first TD of the season in 2011. Heaps pumped to Apo, which froze the safety and then threw one of the ten best passes of the season by either QB to Apo - in stride - at the front corner of the endzone.



The second half of the Ole Miss game was his best half the first half of the year. I was convinced that even without the KVN fumble/TD Heaps would have led the team down for the game winning TD. He had the offense rolling in the fourth quarter.



I can't remember if it was vs UNLV or New Mexico last year, but he a long bomb to Hoffman in the north endzone. He put the ball where only Cody could get it.



The TD drive against Florida St. He drove the team like 90+ yards in a two-minute drill just before the half. Very impressive for a true freshman in just his third game.



The Idaho game in 2011. It was the second best PER of his career. He'd played all of four or five series the previous four games. He probably wasn't expecting to come in the first quarter of that game. He took a drive to warm up (I think it was an INT on his first series) and was then lights out after that.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
SpiffCoug wrote:

The second half of the Ole Miss game was his best half the first half of the year. I was convinced that even without the KVN fumble/TD Heaps would have led the team down for the game winning TD. He had the offense rolling in the fourth quarter.


The Heaps that played in the 2nd half against Ole' Miss + the Heaps that played in the 1st half against Texas = the Heaps that quality programs will hope they're getting.
T
tww
MTM wrote:
Something strange happened to him between the end of last season and the beginning of this one.


Are you saying his wedding or his wife is strange?





Heap's greatest moment was his press conference. I know many will think I am being unkind but think back to that day and ask yourself this question. Has he duplicated that same reaction in the media or euphoria in the fans anytime since?



The all-star recruits, the NC talk, that was an awesome press conference.
M
MTM
tww wrote:
Something strange happened to him between the end of last season and the beginning of this one.


Are you saying his wedding or his wife is strange?


LOL, didn't mean anything like that!



After the 2010 rivalry game I thought "crap, he's not going to be fun to face the next 3 years." He was a completely different player in this year's game.
S
Schmoe
dmcougar wrote:
I'll just say it so some of you won't have to; so we can spew on this thread like all the others.



Answer: Yesterday, the day he announced he was leaving.....err......"quitting."


:roll: You really are just being hyper-defensive and ridiculous. Maybe take a day off or something.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.