Archived Topic

National Championship

by NorCal · 12/5/2011

Advertisement
N
NorCal
But I thought Jake was forordained to bring BYU a National Championship. :roll:
S
SpiffCoug
That's what he told us. He was all-in when it came to BYU. Apparently he was only all-in when coaches and fans would overlook his short comings and poor performances. Once they started wanting actual results on the field during a game - it was too much ask of the poor soul.
F
frdbtr
SpiffCoug wrote:
That's what he told us. He was all-in when it came to BYU. Apparently he was only all-in when coaches and fans would overlook his short comings and poor performances. Once they started wanting actual results on the field during a game - it was too much ask of the poor soul.


We don't need no quitters. 8)
D
Dcr36
Sometimes I wish we'd just cool it on the NC talk until we're in a better position to actually win an NC. I don't mind Bronco's declaration that it's his goal, because that's true of most programs, but we still have several steps to go until we've at that level of competitiveness.



When a BYU fan starts talking to me about how Heaps/Nelson/Bronco won't win us a NC, I immediately know we're not on the same wavelength as fans.
N
NebraskaCoug
NorCal wrote:
But I thought Jake was forordained to bring BYU a National Championship. :roll:


Do you mean a BseCS Championship? Apparently he didn't read the fine print. He didn't realize that you have to be in the SEC to even play for a national championship. :sick: :sulk:
Advertisement
S
scott715
He can do it at DII.
B
BerliNY
scott715 wrote:
He can do it at DII.


BYU-Hawaii?
S
scott715
I don't think they have a team but Montana does.
I
imuakahuku
frdbtr wrote:
That's what he told us. He was all-in when it came to BYU. Apparently he was only all-in when coaches and fans would overlook his short comings and poor performances. Once they started wanting actual results on the field during a game - it was too much ask of the poor soul.


We don't need no quitters. 8)


Good luck Jake, but I think it is all downhill from here. And giving up to me is not a good sign.
C
cougarnerd
scott715 wrote:
I don't think they have a team but Montana does.


Southern Virginia University...run by the Church. Although they're in a superlow conference, and their record isn't great.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Dcr36 wrote:
Sometimes I wish we'd just cool it on the NC talk until we're in a better position to actually win an NC. I don't mind Bronco's declaration that it's his goal, because that's true of most programs, but we still have several steps to go until we've at that level of competitiveness.



When a BYU fan starts talking to me about how Heaps/Nelson/Bronco won't win us a NC, I immediately know we're not on the same wavelength as fans.


So, what about highly touted recruits that promise National Championships and to be one of the greatest BYU QBs ever? :skeptic:
S
snoscythe
NorCal wrote:
But I thought Jake was forordained to bring BYU a National Championship. :roll:


Yes, but he was not pre-destined. ;)
D
Dcr36
Gunk wrote:
Sometimes I wish we'd just cool it on the NC talk until we're in a better position to actually win an NC. I don't mind Bronco's declaration that it's his goal, because that's true of most programs, but we still have several steps to go until we've at that level of competitiveness.



When a BYU fan starts talking to me about how Heaps/Nelson/Bronco won't win us a NC, I immediately know we're not on the same wavelength as fans.


So, what about highly touted recruits that promise National Championships and to be one of the greatest BYU QBs ever? :skeptic:


Well, now BYU has one more thing in common with Notre Dame. We found our Jimmy Clausen.



http://www.collegefootball.org/news_article.php?id=844
Y
Y 4 Ever
Dcr36 wrote:
Sometimes I wish we'd just cool it on the NC talk until we're in a better position to actually win an NC. I don't mind Bronco's declaration that it's his goal, because that's true of most programs, but we still have several steps to go until we've at that level of competitiveness.



When a BYU fan starts talking to me about how Heaps/Nelson/Bronco won't win us a NC, I immediately know we're not on the same wavelength as fans.


The thing is, one of the ONLY teams/schools out there where winning a national championship isn't always the #1 goal is BYU.
G
Guest
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Sometimes I wish we'd just cool it on the NC talk until we're in a better position to actually win an NC. I don't mind Bronco's declaration that it's his goal, because that's true of most programs, but we still have several steps to go until we've at that level of competitiveness.



When a BYU fan starts talking to me about how Heaps/Nelson/Bronco won't win us a NC, I immediately know we're not on the same wavelength as fans.


The thing is, one of the ONLY teams/schools out there where winning a national championship isn't always the #1 goal is BYU.


And yet, fans of other programs get their panties in a wad when BYU proclaims that one of their goals is winning a national championship.
Advertisement
T
tww
hawkwing wrote:
Dcr36 wrote:
Sometimes I wish we'd just cool it on the NC talk until we're in a better position to actually win an NC. I don't mind Bronco's declaration that it's his goal, because that's true of most programs, but we still have several steps to go until we've at that level of competitiveness.



When a BYU fan starts talking to me about how Heaps/Nelson/Bronco won't win us a NC, I immediately know we're not on the same wavelength as fans.


The thing is, one of the ONLY teams/schools out there where winning a national championship isn't always the #1 goal is BYU.


And yet, fans of other programs get their panties in a wad when BYU proclaims that one of their goals is winning a national championship.


And just imagine how they would react if that were done to glorify God? :bug:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.