Archived Topic

Quarterback timing issues

by Qman · 12/5/2011

Advertisement
Q
Qman
So with Heaps transfering- Nelson will start next year. Lark will be his backup unless Munns can beat him out.



I know Tanner Magnum is a big quarterback recruit but how does that timing workout?



Will Munns have to start a year will Tanner need to burn a year before he goes on a mission?
S
snoscythe
Qman wrote:
So with Heaps transfering- Nelson will start next year. Lark will be his backup unless Munns can beat him out.



I know Tanner Magnum is a big quarterback recruit but how does that timing workout?



Will Munns have to start a year will Tanner need to burn a year before he goes on a mission?


I believe Mangum goes straight on a mission, so he'll come back with 5 to play 4.
D
Dcr36
People seem to be forgetting that we've got another big-time QB recruit coming in with Hill.



With Jake leaving, I would assume Hill has the best shot at becoming the starter in 2013. If I'm remembering correctly, he'll be back in time to RS next year - so he'd get one year to shake off the mission rust and play. It'd be a little sudden, but nothing like throwing a high-ranked QB into the fire his true freshman season. *sigh*



Hill fits the Riley Nelson prototype, as well, so Doman wouldn't have to dramatically retool the offense.
S
scott715
Hey would Chase Hansen want to change his mind and take Jake's schollie?
I
Isola
Dcr36 wrote:
People seem to be forgetting that we've got another big-time QB recruit coming in with Hill.



With Jake leaving, I would assume Hill has the best shot at becoming the starter in 2013. If I'm remembering correctly, he'll be back in time to RS next year - so he'd get one year to shake off the mission rust and play. It'd be a little sudden, but nothing like throwing a high-ranked QB into the fire his true freshman season. *sigh*



Hill fits the Riley Nelson prototype, as well, so Doman wouldn't have to dramatically retool the offense.

You are right about Hill being a big deal, but Munns was a pretty big deal too.



I think it could go like this

2012 - Riley Nelson (Sr), Lark (Sr), Munns (Jr) (Hill redshirting So (Someone tell me if I'm wong about Hill))

2013 - Munns (Sr), Hill (So)....

2014 - Hill (Jr), Mangum (Fr)

2015 - Hill (Sr), Mangum (So)

2016 - Mangum (Jr)...
Advertisement
S
scott715
Hill went on a mission straight out of high school
I
Isola
scott715 wrote:
Hill went on a mission straight out of high school

So that would actually give him another year, meaning Mangum could redshirt too and start as a redshirt Jr after Hill leaves.
J
JamieVallen
Just keep this in mind Taysom Hill is a kid with an arm like Jake and probably even better feet than Riley the fact this kid wasn't recruited originally by us is ridiculous to me, but I'm super stoked we ended up with him and I get the feeling he will pan out but its hard to tell.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Seems like there is also another little guy with no potential on our QB list. Another one of those guys like Nelson that is not a D1 QB.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Seems like there is also another little guy with no potential on our QB list. Another one of those guys like Nelson that is not a D1 QB.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Alex Kuresa
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.