Archived Topic

PAC 12 Shoots For Perfect Bowl Record - Poll

by Cougarbib · 12/5/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
PAC could quite easily go 0-7 in the Bowls. They have zero easy or sure wins, several likely losses, and a couple of crap shoots. How do you think PAC will do? Assume a Ute loss if it makes this more fun.



Post your comments and predictions for each match-up.



MAACO Bowl, at Las Vegas - Boise State (11-1) vs. Arizona State (6-6), 6 p.m. (ESPN)



Holiday Bowl, at San Diego - Texas (7-5) vs. California (7-5) (ESPN)



Alamo Bowl, at San Antonio - Baylor (9-3) vs. Washington (7-5) (ESPN)



Sun Bowl, at El Paso, Texas - Georgia Tech (8-4) vs. Utah (7-5) (CBS)



Fight Hunger Bowl, at San Francisco - UCLA (6-7) vs. Illinois (6-6) (ESPN)



Rose Bowl, at Pasadena, Calif. - Oregon (11-2) vs. Wisconsin (11-2) (ESPN)



Fiesta Bowl, at Glendale, Ariz. - Stanford (11-1) vs. Oklahoma State (11-1) (ESPN)
C
Cougarbib
ZIP



Stanford and Oregon will be competitive. ASU, Utah seem like sure losses. But then Kyle has a way with Bowl games. Cal and UW have a decent chance. UCLA should count as two losses in the Fired Coaches Bowl. But then last time they had a fired coach, the interim coach came within a blocked field goal of beating BYU. I was there. Right behind the goal posts. It was really cold that night.
D
Dcr36
Utah isn't a sure loss. Heck, GT could be a total gift to them. At this point, they are a team with one strength - stopping the run. And they get an OPTION team as a bowl opponent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
I only see 2 games that I absolutely expect the Pac 12 to win. I think Utah wins and I think Oregon wins. All the other games are sure losses (ASU, Washington, Stanford), too close to call (Cal), and who the eff cares about this game (UCLA vs Illinois).



Does anyone care about that last game. Neither still has their coach. I may lean UCLA simply cause the game is in California.
M
Mythranor
No guaranteed wins, but I think they win two of these:

Holiday Bowl, at San Diego - Texas (7-5) vs. California (7-5) (ESPN)

Sun Bowl, at El Paso, Texas - Georgia Tech (8-4) vs. Utah (7-5) (CBS)

Fight Hunger Bowl, at San Francisco - UCLA (6-7) vs. Illinois (6-6) (ESPN)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.