Archived Topic

Would You Rather Play Tulsa or Kiss Your Little Brother?

by Cougarbib · 12/5/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Playing Utah agan would be a bit like kissing your little sister or brother - but it would satisfy some itches. Tulsa is a new opportunity and probably better than Utah at this point.



Having BYU lead by Riley playing Utah lead by Hays - I am thinking would produce a very different outcome. So do the polls who have Utah ranked quite a bit behind us now.
C
Cougarbib
I would just love to add a little insult to Utah's injury of late and erase our earlier embarrassment. It has been eating at me. I would also like to join their conference and beat them every year. No offense to Tulsa. That will be a good game.
C
Cougarfan87
I would rather play Utah again and beat them. That would take a lot of the sting out of this season's earlier embarassment. It would be great to follow it up with a win again next year.



That being said, this Tulsa game is going to be a good game. Tulsa has the location advantage, but BYU travels well to Texas. I'm seeing two evenly matched teams with very similar records. It should be a dogfight, but here's hoping for another 10 win season.
T
tmoney35
Cougarfan87 wrote:
this Tulsa game is going to be a good game. Tulsa has the location advantage, but BYU travels well to Texas. I'm seeing two evenly matched teams with very similar records. It should be a dogfight, but here's hoping for another 10 win season.


Hawaii and Oregon were also supposed to be good games, so here's hoping for another blowout :crazy:





That being said, I would LOVE another shot at :utard: . Can you imagine how bad the players would like that rematch?
L
Lawboy
Tulsa. I love Tulsa. 2nd favorite team to BYU because I attended there. Saw BYU beat them there in 1996, and it was a great game. Seen TU beat ranked teams at Tulsa. They have a great home field record.



It is still a 5+ hour drive to Dallas, so similar to LV for BYU fans. But, Tulsa is a small private school. Enrollment is usually around 4,500, maybe as high as 5,500, including all grad programs. Most fans in Tulsa are still OU or OSU fans, too. so it is like the USU of Oklahoma. I expect BYU to have more fans.



I also think BYU wins. I compare Tulsa to UCF in terms of talent, just with a better passing game. I think we handle them, but it is close. We won't roll them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.