Archived Topic

The Death of the BCS

by golong · 12/5/2011

Advertisement
G
golong
The LSU vs Alabama rematch will be the death of the BCS, it exposes more of its many flaws, and people will not watch the game in significant numbers, it will be another boring, defensive game of field goals, people will switch the channel or put in a movie. This is not the way to run a national championship contest.



Here's the solution, limit all conferences to 10 teams, no more, and no championship game. Have a playoff among the conference champions, use the bowl games as part of the playoffs, rotate the championship game among the top bowls.
A
AmmonCougar1
I only hope it's the death of the Bc$! What a crock of 'rules' they have. "You can't be in the Bc$ if you are non-AQ and didn't win your conference." But you can be in the National Bc$ game without having to win your division within your conference"! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!



If you think you're conference is too tough then leave it and join one you think you can win! (I say that TIC) But you may as well with all the conference shuffling that's going on.



I GUARENTEE I WILL NOT be watching the bogus 'title' game!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
U
Ungoy
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I only hope it's the death of the Bc$! What a crock of 'rules' they have. "You can't be in the Bc$ if you are non-AQ and didn't win your conference." But you can be in the National Bc$ game without having to win your division within your conference"! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!



If you think you're conference is too tough then leave it and join one you think you can win! (I say that TIC) But you may as well with all the conference shuffling that's going on.



I GUARENTEE I WILL NOT be watching the bogus 'title' game!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


x1000000



I cannot agree with you more. I was hoping against hope that this could be avoided. But some I guess want to guarantee that the SEC wins the "National Championship", and what better way to ensure that than to have 2 SEC teams play the game. This bowl lineup reaks immensely. I can only hope this is the most boring, unwatched NC game ever, and becomes an embarrassment to the BC$.
T
trueblue72
Also with Va Tech getting their @$$3$ handed to them by clemson, how did they end up in the orange bowl? 23rd WV vs 15th Clemson. What a joke!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
golong wrote:
The LSU vs Alabama rematch will be the death of the BCS, it exposes more of its many flaws, and people will not watch the game in significant numbers, it will be another boring, defensive game of field goals, people will switch the channel or put in a movie. This is not the way to run a national championship contest.



Here's the solution, limit all conferences to 10 teams, no more, and no championship game. Have a playoff among the conference champions, use the bowl games as part of the playoffs, rotate the championship game among the top bowls.


This.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I only hope it's the death of the Bc$! What a crock of 'rules' they have. "You can't be in the Bc$ if you are non-AQ and didn't win your conference." But you can be in the National Bc$ game without having to win your division within your conference"! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!



If you think you're conference is too tough then leave it and join one you think you can win! (I say that TIC) But you may as well with all the conference shuffling that's going on.



I GUARENTEE I WILL NOT be watching the bogus 'title' game!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID




This too. Except not TIC.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm pretty sure this won't kill the BCS.
E
EM_Puma
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm pretty sure this won't kill the BCS.


Oh you're just a kill-joy Scott. (TIC)
I
imuakahuku
What they just did to TCU and BSU may be the death blow to the BCS. Keeping TCU out of top16 and then excluding BSU becuase they were not conf champ just goes to show how devious they really are. For those who thought the MWC ever had a chance please take note. I will say again, the MWC never had a chance at becoming a BCS conference.

Got to love it Texas and Auburn are in top 25 BCS standings. Is there any doubt left that the BCS is completely rigged?
U
Ungoy
What follows is each BC$ game and the teams, followed by their ranking in the BCS standings.



NC Game: LSU 1 - Alabama 2

Rose Bowl: Oregon 5 - Wisconsin 10

Orange Bowl: West Virginia 23 - Clemson 15

Sugar Bowl: Michigan 13 - Virginia Tech 11

Fiesta Bowl: Stanford 4 - Oklahoma State 3



First off, the Orange Bowl is a travesty of awful proportions.



Now what follows are a few samplings of high ranked teams not invited to BC$ games, minus those eliminated due to the conference invite limit of two teams per conference:



Boise St. - 7

K State - 8

Baylor - 12



And any other uninvited team above #23.



There is absolutely no way that a team should be able to go to a BCS game when they are ranked as low as 23. Conference champ or not, that's ridiculous. It should be a requirement to finish top 16 at least.



That Boise St. K State and Baylor would be left out over teams like Michigan, Virginia Tech, and the Big East travesty West Virginia is absolutely stomach turning. There's no excuse for Boise and K State being left out.



Big XII got absolutely shafted, first with the NC game, and second with K State being left out. Boise and TCU got shafted simply because of BCS bias yet again.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.