Archived Topic

As a college football fan...

by Y 4 Ever · 12/5/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
...I'm really pissed off. The last thing I want to see if a freaking all-SEC rematch. I sure hope that Bama wins, just to make things look even more silly.



This year shows exactly why the BCS is ruining college football.
S
StatsCougar
This will be one of the worst games in terms of rating for BCS champion games. No one except those in SEC country, wants to see this game.
D
Dcr36
Someone else made this observation, but I'm repeating it because I agree wholeheartedly - if Alabama wins by a narrow margin, what does that prove? If I'm looking at two teams that played each other, split 1-1, and one win was on the loser's home field, and the other was on a neutral location, doesn't the home loss carry more weight? You can argue, "yeah, but you have to play well in the championship game," but LSU and Bama approached their first matchup WHOLEHEARTEDLY BELIEVING it was the de facto NC.



I'm more pissed off about the the fate of the marquee non-AQs. For the last few years, it felt like the bowls went out of their way to give them a nice consolation prize if they missed the BCS. This year, only Houston got a decent matchup, against Penn State. BSU gets to play a humiliated, dead-in-the-water ASU squad. TCU plays Louisiana Tech, and while LT closed the season strong, nobody's going to count that as a signature win for TCU. Total disappointment in that department.



I'm also understanding that the Big XII only got one team into the BCS, and the ACC got two. If that's true, I'm even more mad.
M
mormonrasta
I wish LSU had the nerve to hang a NC banner right now.



If LSU loses to Alabama they will still have the best overall resume in college football and should still be the national champion.
S
Schmoe
mormonrasta wrote:
I wish LSU had the nerve to hang a NC banner right now.



If LSU loses to Alabama they will still have the best overall resume in college football and should still be the national champion.


Sure, they have the best resume, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're the best team. I sure wish we had a playoff, so it could be determined on the field with all of the heavyweight contenders having a chance to focus on each game and duke it out with one another. I can't think of anything more entertaining than that, and I can't think of anything less entertaining than another 6-6 game between these two (which I will NOT be watching).
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
They should just start the game with a score of 9-6 on the board and go from there.
M
Mingjai
Schmoe wrote:
I sure wish we had a playoff, so it could be determined on the field with all of the heavyweight contenders having a chance to focus on each game and duke it out with one another.


Would a playoff really be much different if it just ended up in another Alabama-LSU matchup? It would pretty much be the same problem, only Bama and LSU would have played a few more games to get to their second matchup. Playoff or not, a Bama win in the second game only proves they could even the season series with LSU.
S
Schmoe
Mingjai wrote:
I sure wish we had a playoff, so it could be determined on the field with all of the heavyweight contenders having a chance to focus on each game and duke it out with one another.


Would a playoff really be much different if it just ended up in another Alabama-LSU matchup? It would pretty much be the same problem, only Bama and LSU would have played a few more games to get to their second matchup. Playoff or not, a Bama win in the second game only proves they could even the season series with LSU.


Yes, it would prove that Bama actually deserves to be there, because their resume this year sure doesn't. Also, it would be a lot more fun to watch Ok. St. and Bama fight it out in a semi-final game while Stanford and LSU had it out on the other side of the bracket.
C
coachK
BSU doesn't get in to the BCS because they didn't win their conference even though they finished 7th in the BCS poll.. But Alabama is playing for the NC even though they didn't win their conference, or even their division. :roll:
S
scott715
And they didn't get an invite but Michigan at 15 did. What a crock.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I thought the whole point of the BCS was to make the season meaningful. I guess that Alabama/LSU game earlier in the season was an exhibition game?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.