Archived Topic

Apo getting aggressive

by trueblue72 · 12/4/2011

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
Watching Apo yesterday I couldn't help but notice how much more aggresive he looked. Earlier in the year he seemed to go down easily, but last night it seemed to take two or three guys to bring him down. Like on the screen pass touchdown I'd broke a tackle and spun out of a second one to score. Anyone else notice this late season aggression or is it my wishful thinking?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
He's been getting better and better after disappearing for a few games. I think the concussions and QB change both had a little to do with that. Maybe he's trying to make for lost time



It's just awesome that he's only a freshman and Hoffman is only a Sophomore!
F
frdbtr
Well, I was hoping for Houston but Tulsa will do. Last time we played them, they put up over 50 pts on one of the best defenses we have ever had at BYU so this will be a team that we can't take lightly. BYU can and should win this game though. Will not be another utep, they will be a legit challenge.
S
SpiffCoug
frdbtr wrote:
Well, I was hoping for Houston but Tulsa will do. Last time we played them, they put up over 50 pts on one of the best defenses we have ever had at BYU so this will be a team that we can't take lightly. BYU can and should win this game though. Will not be another utep, they will be a legit challenge.

Memo to Bronco: cover the RB wheel route out of the backfield.
S
scott715
And watch for the trick plays
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
frdbtr wrote:
Well, I was hoping for Houston but Tulsa will do. Last time we played them, they put up over 50 pts on one of the best defenses we have ever had at BYU so this will be a team that we can't take lightly. BYU can and should win this game though. Will not be another utep, they will be a legit challenge.


It's a completely different Tulsa team now. Their OC is now at Auburn. New HC as well. They still will be a challenge for us.
B
BroncoBot
This thread is schizo!
G
golong
That Tulsa team passed at will, and if that was BYU's best defense, BYU will lose by 40 in this game. It might have been one of BYU's best rushing defenses, but they were poor against the pass. We're better against the pass this year, if Bronco will let the talented players play, and get after people, and not sit back and watch the other team score TDs.
S
Schmoe
We are great against the pass this year, we don't sit back and watch team score, and I'm not worried.
T
trueblue72
I'm pretty sure you hijacked my thread but it wasn't even a related hijack. Back to Apo.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
I've been saying this all year, but the best way to get Apo going is WR screens. He got a TD yesterday off of one and IMO he's good for 7 yards/catch on that play. Same goes for Hoffman too. They are both have long athletic builds and should be given playmaker opportunities.
A
ABYUFAN
trueblue72 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you hijacked my thread but it wasn't even a related hijack. Back to Apo.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

He'd agree with us, we'd all like to see a win over Tulsa!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.