Archived Topic

Aloha Stadium Report

by Cougarbib · 12/4/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
50 Yard line - Mauka Side 12th row behind UH bench.



Go Cougars. Time to wake up and go.

Sunny Day after a cloudy morning.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Sparse Crowd so far - but Hawaii time - maybe some late shows.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Iosepha - knee - but up and walking around - probably will be back



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
I think I just saw Bib on the field--pretty cray tattoos though and what's. with the fro? :-D:-D



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I for one am extremely disappointed in Hawaii fan. No one shows up for the biggest game of the season? Could have gotten bowl eligible, saved the coaches job, beaten BYU. Weak sauce, Hawaii. Weak sauce.
Advertisement
B
byutx
It didn't feel like the Hawaii games I remember, though I can't say I missed the 11 PM CT kickoff time, rock hard turf or blowing garbage.
L
Lawboy
hawkwing wrote:
I for one am extremely disappointed in Hawaii fan. No one shows up for the biggest game of the season? Could have gotten bowl eligible, saved the coaches job, beaten BYU. Weak sauce, Hawaii. Weak sauce.


I don't think the coach gets canned. Injuries doomed them, and that is not on him. They have some young talent. Goof offense, just need better passing D. Perhaps a DC change.
S
Schmoe
byutx wrote:
...or blowing garbage.


There was garbage blowing onto the field, one was dressed as Santa and the other only had a pair of shorts.
C
Cougarbib
Sorry I dropped off. I am trying to drop a few pounds so I ran the field in my Santa Suit and then again after they took away my suit. I didn't realize how fast I was.



;)



Actually reception gave out and I could no longer post anything at all.



Here is further irony of the fans situation - when I ordered my tickets two months ago, I entered "best available" in their website and got 15-20 yard line and pretty high up. Then when I got invited to go with a group - it was not as easy to give the tickets I had bought for $50.00 each away for free as I expected it to be.



And yet - Microsoft had a hard time getting those six 50 yard line tichest for our group even though there were plenty of empty sseats even closer to the field than our 12th row seats.



Then at the stadium - there were a ton of empty seats much better than the "Best Available" seats I had bought two months earlier. So whatever paid attendance they announce - a lot of people seem to have bought tickets and not bothered to attend.



Traffic getting out of there was a nightmare even with the small crowd as is parking. We had a shuttle and a driver and did not need to deal with parking - but it was a long ride out of there.



The TV time-outs seemed eternal.



And I was really sweating things at half time.



We got a little bit of everything - rain, sunshine, clouds, breeze, lack of breeze, missed kicks, big plays, mistakes, sloppy play, chippiness, injuries, etc. The UH fans quieted down quite a bit in the 2nd half.



I can hold my head high at work Monday and at Church Sunday - humbly of course - that is the Hawaii way - no gloating.
S
scott715
Today's attendance at Aloha Stadium was 30,765
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:
I for one am extremely disappointed in Hawaii fan. No one shows up for the biggest game of the season? Could have gotten bowl eligible, saved the coaches job, beaten BYU. Weak sauce, Hawaii. Weak sauce.

Disappointed in the fan? How about disappointed in the team. They have a half-time against a hated rival in a game they have to win and come out of the locker room and lay a complete egg.



Hawaii had six yards of offense and 30 yards in penalties in the 3rd quarter. They're only first down was by penalty.
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
Today's attendance at Aloha Stadium was 30,765


This - through the turnstiles and Paid Attendance north of 35,000 is what I read. 39.000 in week 1 Vs Colorado when Hawaii expected to have a grand season was the highest attendance this year.
T
trueblue72
My report of the stadium is, that stadium is garbage! They showed Doman in the booth and the whole piece of glass in front of the coaches in the booth was being held in place by about 10 C clamps!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Lawboy wrote:
I for one am extremely disappointed in Hawaii fan. No one shows up for the biggest game of the season? Could have gotten bowl eligible, saved the coaches job, beaten BYU. Weak sauce, Hawaii. Weak sauce.


I don't think the coach gets canned. Injuries doomed them, and that is not on him. They have some young talent. Goof offense, just need better passing D. Perhaps a DC change.


Looks like they let him go after all. Too much to overcome with losing season, point shaving, and losing to BYU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.